Turn on thread page Beta

CGP Books for GCSE watch

ReputationRep:
    I happen to have CGP for every subject I do, so here's my opinion:

For science, all you need is CGP + specimen paper and past papers really - CGP is perfect, As well as the CGP maths book being really useful.

However, for some subjects such as English I don't find them that useful and in my opinion they can have a negative effect on insightful analysis if all you do is regurgitate what they tell you to.

For History the book isn't good at all, it contains so much that's not even in the spec and then is way too vague on some topics.

For ocr R.S the book is TERRIBLE, it's just way too short and doesn't go in to any sufficient detail whatsoever; what is a page in other books I have can be as short as three lines in the book and I suggest you avoid CGP for R.S especially if you are doing OCR Philosophy and Ethics

For German the book isn't great, but then again most books aren't very good for langauges

So overall, CGP isn't the most reliable resource but definitely use it for Science and Maths
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I think they're great for science. I've used them as my only revision resource for triple science and I've had high A*s in every unit. Can't judge for other subjects though, although the geography one looks very good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.