Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Guys any ideas?? I want a cute set of piercings. I'm thinking two on each ear lobe (right now i have 1 on one ear, 2 o the other) but it just seems... too symetrical.

So 2-2 vs 3-2 (all of which are ear lobes)
    or 2-2 with one on the cartilage?

Thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends had 2 in each then a cartilage, which I think looked quite nice. I tried 1 and 2 like you have now, ended up getting another so it was symmetrical :p: If you do get 2 extra in one ear (so 3), depending on the piercer, they might not like doing them at the same time and say to wait til it's healed. Remember, though I'm sure you know, no guns

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zebrastripes)
    One of my friends had 2 in each then a cartilage, which I think looked quite nice. I tried 1 and 2 like you have now, ended up getting another so it was symmetrical :p: If you do get 2 extra in one ear (so 3), depending on the piercer, they might not like doing them at the same time and say to wait til it's healed. Remember, though I'm sure you know, no guns
    I got mine pierced when I was 13 in claires by a gun. Just the normal ear piercing. I thought this was normal? :s
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by pamelaa)
    I got mine pierced when I was 13 in claires by a gun. Just the normal ear piercing. I thought this was normal? :s
    Me too I thought that's how they always did them :giggle:

OP depends on the size of your ear lobes aswell...if they're fairly even 3-2 would look good I reckon :yep: ...but if they're completely different then 3-2 might look a little messy, so 2-2 and cartilage might look better :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Depending what size your lobes are, you'll be absolutely fine to have it done with a gun. The problem is that once you - generally - get past the second stud, the cartilage starts, and using a gun on that is very, very risky.

Ask a decent piercer, and they'll tell you what's best. Do NOT go to Claires, for God's sake.

I have two in each lobe - well, I have it pierced three times, but the last holes are proving annoying atm - and that's nice. Cartilage piercings are notoriously difficult though - I've had 14 in all, and my cartilage piercing is the only one that I found difficult to heal, and I ended up with a keloid.

ReputationRep:
    Guns are really dangerous. It's best, and probably cheaper to go to a piercers and get it down with needles. I know it sounds horrid.. but a sharp needle by a trained piercer is a lot better than a blunt stud being shoved into your lobe by someone who has practised on an orange. The stud just tears through your ear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychocustard)
    I've had 14 in all.

HOLY GUACAMOLE!! Fourteen piercings!:eek3:
    Do you have any tattoos? (I want one of those too lol they're gorgeous when they're done well)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zebrastripes)
    Guns are really dangerous. It's best, and probably cheaper to go to a piercers and get it down with needles. I know it sounds horrid.. but a sharp needle by a trained piercer is a lot better than a blunt stud being shoved into your lobe by someone who has practised on an orange. The stud just tears through your ear.
    Haha that's a lovely mental image... but needles terrify me! And besides my last 3 were done with guns and they've been okay...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supergirl182)
    HOLY GUACAMOLE!! Fourteen piercings!:eek3:
    Do you have any tattoos? (I want one of those too lol they're gorgeous when they're done well)
    Yuup! I've got stars on my ankle, and I'm planning to get one up the outside of my thigh should I finally get around to creating the design I want and finding somewhere amazing to get it done

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.