Turn on thread page Beta

Why is it that some people are blessed... watch

ok so i was just flicking through photos of a friend of mine and facebook, and one thought came into my head: she's so PRETTY! why can't i be more attractive? why can't i be taller, have nicer facial features and have dark hair?

Why are some people naturally more attractive than others?

ReputationRep:
    natural selection. you got pwned by nature.

ReputationRep:
    I sometimes feel this. But then it just encourages me to make the best of what i am, instead of worrying about my insecurities and constantly comparing myself to others.

ReputationRep:
    your parents have the gammiest of gammy genes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by black_mac29)
    natural selection. you got pwned by nature.
    Ahahaha. OP blame your parents for being fugly.

ReputationRep:
    That's life.

Though... your friend might look through your pictures and have the same thought xD sometimes people are too hard on themselves.

And don't forget, some people are actually just more photogenic! I know some people who actually come out prettier on camera than they are in reality :-/ and for some people, it goes the other way.

ReputationRep:
    be ugly, it's more individual. but not too ugly. this is why we have make-up.

and most people feel like this sometimes, but your friend probably has her own insecurities. maybe you don't think it, but when she sees herself she might be horrified by her nose or paranoid about her hair or somthing... your harshest critic is always yourself.

ReputationRep:
    The most beautiful people you come across are, in my experience not the happiest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Double Agent)
    The most beautiful people you come across are, in my experience not the happiest.
    Id have to agree with this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    why can't i be taller, have nicer facial features and have dark hair?

(
    Wear Platforms
    Wear better make-up
    Die your hair.

NEXT.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah.

It's a bit of a fallacy to say that pretty people aren't necessarily happy. Chances are on the whole that pretty people are on the whole happier than unnattractive people. As well as being more secure, and socially fulfilled. It's not true that you'll be happy simply by being pretty - but if you go from being ugly to attractive, the difference merely in the way people react to you is enough to change your life for the positive.

In other words, try to make what you've got the best you can, but don't be too downbeat if you feel like it's a lost cause.

ReputationRep:
    No one is unattractive. You just need to learn how to have a personality more attractive than your looks. Besides, there will be guys who will absolutely find you attractive.

ReputationRep:
    i used to do this all the time, then i grew up, manned up and thought **** it i am attractive

i have lovely light blue eyes and long lashes (i dont need to plaster on the mascara and use eye lash curlers), long dark hair (i dont need to use hair extensions or spend hours styling it because its naturally straight), i dont need to wear a **** load of make up to look attractive, i havw big tits so i dont need to pay for a boob job or fake it with chicken fillets and i shapely ass

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...aby99/me-1.jpg

im wearing minimal make up in this one and i think i look attractive

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...A75279copy.jpg

im wearing no make up at all in this one and once again i think i look attractive

sure theres things about myself i would change, i have a birthmark on my forehead i would like rid of, a flabby gut and im only 5ft2 i would change all of those things in a heartbeat if i could but my point is you need to look at the positives, how do you know your mate isnt looking at pics of you thinking god i wish i had her eyes/smile/shiny hair

ReputationRep:
    in all honesty i never asked that question

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I wonder what people do when faced with actual problems.

ReputationRep:
    oh poor you!

ReputationRep:
    I am a munter. So I upped my humour and draw attention to myself in good ways

Just find your good features, and make sure you accentuate them (subtly!) more to people, whether it's looks or personality. Know your good qualities and make them stand out.

ReputationRep:
    get over it! learn to live with your lovely face, dont care about anyone else. your not ugly. people will love you for who your are, if not shag a baboons bottom

ReputationRep:
    you can't choose your genetics. get over it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm blessed..... In the trouser department....

If you know what i mean

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.