The Student Room Group

3 yrs for a violent rape

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/7079461/13-year-old-boy-gets-just-three-year-detention-for-raping-woman.html

Apparently he gets a lesser sentence because he's 13. In my opinion beating and raping a woman is a grown up crime,it's not stealing apples. This country has become a very poorly run place with it's leaders only interested in feathering their own nests. I believe at some point it will bite them horribly in the arse!.

This scumbag, beats and rapes a woman, and we all should hopefully appreciate the trauma this woman has to deal with. Yet she and her boyfriend have to witness him getting sent down for 3 yrs (he won't serve all of that of course...).

Simple question on capital punishment - do we know for certain Khan did it? YES

Do we know for certain that if he was wiped off the planet - the planet would be a better place? YES

This kind of crime is one of those where if anyone from her family took revenge on the perpetrator I would hope it was dealt with ,with sympathy. Especially judging by how broken the justice and penal system is, other forms of justice will increasingly become attractive.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I Say Capital Punishment :rip:
Reply 2
WTF. I don't even know what to say to that. That is appalling.
By law, anyone under 18 years old faces a lesser sentence for rape than an adult, and for those aged 14 or under the term is reduced further.

I don't like this.
Ministerdonut
This kind of crime is one of those where if anyone from her family took revenge on the perpetrator I would hope it was dealt with ,with sympathy. Especially judging by how broken the justice and penal system is, other forms of justice will increasingly become attractive.

no just no, if they took revenge they should get the punishment the deserve

and tbh he is 13 a child, she should have been able to fight him off
Reply 5
He should've gotten a few more years IMO.
Reply 6
put him on a treadmill in my dungeon and he can power my tv :P
Reply 7
The little book of law is so flawed D:
thats horrible, he should have a lot longer than 3 years for that!
Reply 9
tinktinktinkerbell

'TBH' some 13 year olds are bigger and stronger than some adult women. Stupid comment.
Reply 10
I can't believe that ... only 13 years old even more shocking that she couldn't fight him off although im sure if another woman was in her situation they would be too scared to do anything he looked a lot older than 13 in the photo that was shown in the paper but either way just goes to show what an awful place this country is becoming.
So then surely if he hadn't stole her bag and punched/kicked her his sentence would have been even less. This is so bad I'm really shocked.
paella
Personally i think it's fair. I think a fair punishment for his crime would be 1 year, max. In terms of damage done, it's damage that takes no more than a year to repair (physically). As one can't sue for punitive damages in this country, I see no reason why one should be jailed for them. Damage done = time inside. If you break someone's neck and they're paralysed you should be incarcarated until they die, or if they go to dignitas, their projected life span. If you murder, it should be life. If you rape someone, the time it takes for them to get better plus a bit longer. A year minimum. I know people who've done work in prisons, people who have been raped. The damage anyone faces after even a month in jail realistically is far worse than rape. Often the guards won't do anything, if you are a young different colour different religion person, you are going to be made someones bitch. 3 years is a disproportional punishment for his crime imo.

:troll:

I think a good way of approaching it would be to make the parents accountable as well in some manner, I'm not quite sure how this could be implemented though.
paella
Personally i think it's fair. I think a fair punishment for his crime would be 1 year, max. In terms of damage done, it's damage that takes no more than a year to repair (physically). As one can't sue for punitive damages in this country, I see no reason why one should be jailed for them. Damage done = time inside. If you break someone's neck and they're paralysed you should be incarcarated until they die, or if they go to dignitas, their projected life span. If you murder, it should be life. If you rape someone, the time it takes for them to get better plus a bit longer. A year minimum. I know people who've done work in prisons, people who have been raped. The damage anyone faces after even a month in jail realistically is far worse than rape. Often the guards won't do anything, if you are a young different colour different religion person, you are going to be made someones bitch. 3 years is a disproportional punishment for his crime imo.

You cannot be serious?
paella

Personally I wish he was in an American prison. He'd be a huge black guy's bitch for a hell of a lot longer than 3 years and that ****er deserves it. :h:

3 years in a young offenders’ institution, what ********.
paella

Are you actually kidding me? Why don't you go and tell that to a rape victim..just.. wow.
tinktinktinkerbell

You can't blame the woman for being unable to fight back! I agree with your first point though. people shouldn't be allowed to take revenge whenever they feel someone deserves it.

paella

Prison is worse than rape?? I think you've underestimated the effects rape can have on a person - it can ruin people's entire life, and I doubt many people would be over it in a year. Even though they may continue to have a normal life, it's something that stays with someone forever. However, I don't believe that punishment should be directly in proportion with the crime - the main aims should be to rehabilitate the criminal and protect society. In this case, since he is only a child, I feel the sentence is probably right.
gingergooner
I think a good way of approaching it would be to make the parents accountable as well in some manner, I'm not quite sure how this could be implemented though.

Some people are born sociopaths, it's not their parents' fault.
Reply 18
tinktinktinkerbell

Just goes to show how violent he must have been.
Reply 19
worth it!

Latest

Trending

Trending