Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am just wondering if anybody can help me find out If P.E A level is accepted by Nottingham, Bristol or Southampton Universities? Or if anybody can tell me... does this change depending on what course you want to take? for example, I want to do Law at one of these universities, and while Nottingham do sports courses - I'm not sure if it is a recognised A level for a Law course

Thanks in advance xxxx

ReputationRep:
    It will say on the website page for the course itself what wouldn't be accepted, or when you look for the course through UCAS. You could also just call them and see what they say, of course.

ReputationRep:
    I thought most uni's accepted all A-levels, it's just some that some are more "frowned upon" than others. Ring them if you're not sure. Although I know someone at Warwick (not any of the ones you listed, I know, but a university that is just as highly regarded) and he did PE at A level.

ReputationRep:
    Southampton - General Studies, PE, Sports Studies, Practical Music and Photography are not accepted subjects.

Nottingham - In the process of assessing the strength of the academic profile of an applicant, traditional academic subjects may be given greater weight

Nowt on the Bristol website, but given how popular and competitive it is, traditional subjects are v.likely to be favoured.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.