Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

My sisters dislike homosexuals. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sakina101)
    You're right. Humans are designed to use first impressions and create patterns subconsciously! I.e. if everyone you meet with small eyes is creepy, your mind will be programmed to believe that all people with small eyes are creepy.
    lol, no. disliking certain mannerisms in people, i.e. effeminance in this case, is not akin to branding all people with a certain physical aspect a certain thing.

which is, by the way, a different thing entirely from using said physical information to gain insight into origin and ancestry.

also, disliking an act... in this case gay sex... is just another natural value judgement. imo, homosexuality is more nature and less nurture, but if you believe different who the **** am i to tell you otherwise? maybe you believe they should overcome nature... some people do. its not up to me what you think.

although, if everyone with small eyes you met was creepy, that would be a reasonable assumption to make until proven wrong? i mean logically, not factually, i know several normal people with small eyes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJ AgnieszkaA)
    they can dislike whichever practices they please. i dont mind gays and think they should be allowed to marry and that, but that doesnt mean i like what they do, or like how they (some) act publicly, i.e. camp and afeminate. in fact it could be said i have a real dislike for those who act that way.

this is not "homophobia". there is no such thing as "homophobia". i dont think anyone has ever lived who had an irrational fear of gays. can nothing ever just be a dislike? must it always be a phobia, or an ism?

and her opinion is wrong? get out of your own arse, you are judge of nothing and her opinion is as right as yours.

this thread is gay. and anyone who finds that offensive should jew off, and stop being so damn black about it.
    Lol, good troll bro.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RandeepSamra)
    Lol, good troll bro.
    wtf you on about son.
    your wit is just too sharp

ReputationRep:
    some people just dont like homosexuality. its probably a maturity thing, you said she is your younger sister after all!

the bottom one was this, some people will get the reference. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgSD7jb-7x4

"discrimination is wrong, period" wrong by whom, you? you are the committee on these matters now? lmao, i actually love that you think you are correcting people on what is "right" and "wrong", self righteous idiot.

discrimination is natural. disliking a group for how they act is not prejudice, it is just judice. it is judging what you see. there is no rash generalisation made within "i dont like gays", it is a statement of opinion.

also, discriminating against people who discriminate is discrimination. where do we stop? is discriminating between hard workers and lazy people when employing people wrong? is discriminating between the talented and the not wrong? the fit and the weak? ... idiotic standpoint, that every value judgement is a "wrong" one.
    Okok, you're mostly right :p: (though I'm not self righteous idiot, can't you reply without insulting people? :mad: )
    But you can't blame me for trying to make them see my view, right? I'm not discriminating against them though :| If you said you hated gays, I'd just say "yh, I don't agree with that" . But with my sisters, I care about them so I'd like them to be more tolerant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    it's your business what you do. .
    very true, its also your sisters business who she does or doesnt like, nothing to do with you

ReputationRep:
    I'm gay and use the phrase ''that's gay'' every now and then. it's not directly offensive but it can be when it's put in a particular way. When people purposely say something to show their dislike of gay people then it's obviously more offensive than one of your friends say ''oh that's soo gay'' so yeah it all depends on the situation. I don't find it that offensive to be honest. If anyone has any problem with me being gay then that's their problem, i'm not going to waiste any time on people who can't even be bothered to get to know me and simply judge me on my sexuality - that's just sad really. I don't like closeminded people anyways =D no offence though lol

ReputationRep:
    Sick and tired of the liberal misdefinition of the word "homophobia". If someone thinks homosexuality is wrong, it does not make them afraid of homosexuals. We might aswell just ban the word.

ReputationRep:
    No offence to you, but she is an idiot. She'll either grow out of it or be an idiot forever. You haven't done anything wrong so don't worry, just ride it out and the two of you should be fine. It just might be sometihng you'll have to learn to live with.

ReputationRep:
    they can dislike whichever practices they please. i dont mind gays and think they should be allowed to marry and that, but that doesnt mean i like what they do, or like how they (some) act publicly, i.e. camp and afeminate. in fact it could be said i have a real dislike for those who act that way.

this is not "homophobia". there is no such thing as "homophobia". i dont think anyone has ever lived who had an irrational fear of gays. can nothing ever just be a dislike? must it always be a phobia, or an ism?

and her opinion is wrong? get out of your own arse, you are judge of nothing and her opinion is as right as yours.

this thread is gay. and anyone who finds that offensive should jew off, and stop being so damn black about it.
    I ******* LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU COMMENTED ON THE MOUNTAIN DEW THREAD AS WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M YOUR NUMBER 1 FAN!! EVER!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I am really sorry but I'm afraid your sisters are right, God does not like homosexuals and if you do not obey his rules you will parish in the lake of fire.

If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable; they must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.(Leviticus 20:13)

ReputationRep:
    In this age, saying something is gay does not make the speaker a homophobe. Language evolves over time and the meaning of words change. When most people say something is "gay", it usually means "lame".

Same with fag, I call people **** all the time, but I don't use it in a homophobic sense.

I think the OP should stop being a fag and stop taking things so literally.

ReputationRep:

1. It's funny when Simon Amstell says it, it's lame when other people say it, even as an homage.

2. A phobia is an irrational fear or hatred. Homophobia is therefore an apt term, as the people it describes have an irrational hatred of homosexuals. Your hatred is irrational, judging from the fact that you haven't given any rational justification for it - you hate homosexuals and what they do, but you have no actual reason to do so. Therefore you are a homophobe.

http://www.google.co.uk/dictionary?aq=f&langpair=en|en&h l=en&q=phobia

3. Hers is not an opinion: an opinion has to have some reasoning or justification behind it. A hatred which is just plucked out of the air is not an opinion, but an irrational hatred. That said, OP's sister doesn't actually sound like she hates gays.

3. Thanks for not minding us, it was really big of you.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    I know gay people who say thats so gay about something negative...

ReputationRep:
    Okok, you're mostly right :p: (though I'm not self righteous idiot, can't you reply without insulting people? :mad: )
    But you can't blame me for trying to make them see my view, right? I'm not discriminating against them though :| If you said you hated gays, I'd just say "yh, I don't agree with that" . But with my sisters, I care about them so I'd like them to be more tolerant.
    yeah, its fair enough trying to talk them round to your view, i.e. that its not wrong... it happens to also be my view that homosexuality is not "wrong", although as iv said the camp ones can peck my head... i think its the presumption of "my view is "right"" that i was responding to with any insults, i beg pardon nevertheless

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddyman4)
    2. A phobia is an irrational fear or hatred. Homophobia is therefore an apt term, as the people it describes have an irrational hatred of homosexuals. Your hatred is irrational, judging from the fact that you haven't given any rational justification for it - you hate homosexuals and what they do, but you have no actual reason to do so. Therefore you are a homophobe.
    do not tell me what i am or what i hate.
    i do not hate the action of homosexuality - though i do not want to see it or affiliate with it, i realise that it is none of my concern, and that the action in itself is a natural urge of those people.
    what i said i didnt like was effeminance. this isnt a phobia, this is just something that pisses me off. every dislike can be said to be a phobia... if i disliked emo music and the way they act, which i do, would you class me as emophobic?
    also... "you have no reason". reason is perspective. if i do something, or think something, whether you can see it or not, or understand it even, i have a reason. humans dont do or think things completely randomly.

ReputationRep:
    actually, you may be right - they aren't afraid of gays, they dislike them a lot.
    I think it's them to get out of their behind and perhaps you as well - discrimination is wrong, period.

hmm, judging on your last two sentences, I think you're just fishing for more red gems So there's no point talking to you.
    That's discriminating against trolls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteveMz)
    I ******* LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU COMMENTED ON THE MOUNTAIN DEW THREAD AS WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M YOUR NUMBER 1 FAN!! EVER!!!!
    :woo:

ReputationRep:
    So ******* what if she dislikes homosexuals, I'm sure many brothers/mothers dislike blacks to.. so.. *******.. what.

You don't, Simple as.

I know a gay boy who says the most ludacris things about gay people you would think he is homophobic.

ReputationRep:
    do not tell me what i am or what i hate.
    i do not hate the action of homosexuality - though i do not want to see it or affiliate with it, i realise that it is none of my concern, and that the action in itself is a natural urge of those people.
    what i said i didnt like was effeminance. this isnt a phobia, this is just something that pisses me off. every dislike can be said to be a phobia... if i disliked emo music and the way they act, which i do, would you class me as emophobic?
    also... "you have no reason". reason is perspective. if i do something, or think something, whether you can see it or not, or understand it even, i have a reason. humans dont do or think things completely randomly.
    Well you just gave me a worthless neg which said "............................... ........fag"

so, combined with the fact that you don't want to see anything gay, I don't think it's a stretch to think that you hate gays.

Then the rest of your incoherent gibberish didn't counter the fact that you hate gays, and you cannot give any reason ('I just do' is not a reason, it's an obsolete statement) - you don't know why you hate gays, you just do - hence the irrational part of the hatred.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.