Turn on thread page Beta

I asked a girl out today, and she said yes (woo) and we're going out tomorrow afternoon to Shakeaway. This will be my first ever first date and I could do with some advice to help put my mind at rest so I'm a little less nervous about tomorrow!

There are obvious don'ts like 'Don't rape her'. I'm looking for the ones that are perhaps lesser known

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Just be yourself.

Erm, be yourself, smile, be polite? Maybe think of some conversation topics before you go out (not to stick rigidly to them, or be like 'we need to talk about this'), but just so that if there's a silence you have something to say. Try not to take it too seriously and get really worked up about it, if she said yes she obviously likes you . Shower, dress appropriately for the date. Good luck .

ReputationRep:
    blk;nm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    we're going out tomorrow afternoon to Shakeaway.
    As you're obviously about 12, I'd recommend really pushing the boat out and trying to hold her hand.

ReputationRep:
    don't be an ass. don't try to impress her by being an ass. don't be pervy. be yourself.

(Original post by Reue)
    As you're obviously about 12, I'd recommend really pushing the boat out and trying to hold her hand.
    Well, it's the only place we could possibly go after college. Meeting up outside of college isn't really the easiest thing to do cos she lives quite a distance from me.
    Either way, it isn't about going to Shakeaway, it's about making an excuse to go out and be together and talk n' stuff.

Why did I bother replying to you anyway? You're clearly an unbearable ****.

ReputationRep:
    I asked a girl out today, and she said yes (woo) and we're going out tomorrow afternoon to Shakeaway. This will be my first ever first date and I could do with some advice to help put my mind at rest so I'm a little less nervous about tomorrow!

There are obvious don'ts like 'Don't rape her'. I'm looking for the ones that are perhaps lesser known

Thanks!
    Stand up straight, breath deep and regularly. Go easy on the aftershave - you know lads are on their first date when they go into restaurants and cafes reeking of cheap aftershave. Don't try too hard, you'll just be a caricature of yourself, and caricatures are NEVER flattering; having said that, it doesn't preclude a bit of old-fashion chivalry, open doors, pull out chairs and all that shindig.

Finally - the cringiest pearl of wisdom ever...

Silences are only made awkward by awkward people
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Well, it's the only place we could possibly go after college. Meeting up outside of college isn't really the easiest thing to do cos she lives quite a distance from me.
    Either way, it isn't about going to Shakeaway, it's about making an excuse to go out and be together and talk n' stuff.

Why did I bother replying to you anyway? You're clearly an unbearable ****.
    Lol.

Good luck dude

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 28, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.