Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Underweight yet eat like a horse? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lack of Creativity)
    Heh, I'm going for the armed forces and need to put two stone on. And people think it's easy. :eek:
    I find it mental, glad to see it's not just me who needs the weight gain but is finding it near impossible. I'm hoping with starting strength and perhaps protein shakes I should manage!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skycat)
    I find it mental, glad to see it's not just me who needs the weight gain but is finding it near impossible. I'm hoping with starting strength and perhaps protein shakes I should manage!
    I'm on protein shakes too, and I'm doing a lot of cardio and strength training, but it pretty much is a constant struggle. Make sure you get enough sleep as well. When you do sleep, make sure you're warm. I've been told that I lose a fair amount of my calories because I sleep cold, without a duvet/blanket.

ReputationRep:
    I'm on protein shakes too, and I'm doing a lot of cardio and strength training, but it pretty much is a constant struggle. Make sure you get enough sleep as well. When you do sleep, make sure you're warm. I've been told that I lose a fair amount of my calories because I sleep cold, without a duvet/blanket.
    Thanks, I'll bear that in mind! The sleep is going to be a really tough one, last semester I hardly got any sleep and this semester I need to get a part time job too... What sort of strength training routine do you follow?
    I'll get a winter duvet I think, I never thought about that but it makes so much sense, it's no use eating loads and then losing calories through being cold because I'm still using a summer one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skycat)
    Thanks, I'll bear that in mind! The sleep is going to be a really tough one, last semester I hardly got any sleep and this semester I need to get a part time job too... What sort of strength training routine do you follow?
    I'll get a winter duvet I think, I never thought about that but it makes so much sense, it's no use eating loads and then losing calories through being cold because I'm still using a summer one.
    I'm following this fitness programme on the RAF careers website: http://www.raf.mod.uk/careers/applic...gettingfit.cfm

Since you're looking at the emergency services, it won't be any harm to use it if you want. I also chuck in some weights and pull ups to get my upper body strength up.

Also, don't spend a lot on a winter duvet if you've got a few blankets, just chuck them on top of your summer one and it'll do the trick. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm following this fitness programme on the RAF careers website: http://www.raf.mod.uk/careers/applic...gettingfit.cfm

Since you're looking at the emergency services, it won't be any harm to use it if you want. I also chuck in some weights and pull ups to get my upper body strength up.

Also, don't spend a lot on a winter duvet if you've got a few blankets, just chuck them on top of your summer one and it'll do the trick. :yep:
    Thanks, I'll take a look at it.

I'd throw some blankets on top but I moved to the UK for uni with one suitcase full of stuff, so I had to buy a duvet here and have no blankets. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe go to the doctor and get yourself checked out, to see if there is anything else wrong.

Apart from that, try drinking more milk - without making yourself sick, as much milk as possible!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.sshealthfoods.com/pages.p...t&details=0343 Between meals

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 31, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.