Who else does NOT have a best friend? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Who doesn't have a best friend, a friend who you can speak to about anything, a friend who would do anything for you etc. ?

I don't and I feel a bit embarrassed and upset about it. For the past two years, I've been drifting from friendship group to friendship group, sometimes even ending up alone, in a new sixth form where everyone knows each other from the past or they made friends really early in year 12 [I distanced myself at the start of year 12...long story...was ditched by my "friends" in the new sixth form].

I feel lonely a lot. Most people have best friends that they hang out with on the weekend with etc. They have friends that wait for them at lunch time or look for them at break. I do have friends but I don't have "core" friends or "exclusive" best friends...it's just if I see someone at lunch or break I hang out with them, no one waits for me, no one looks for me, no one misses me.

just feelin' lonely.
Anonymous #1
Before 6th form, I had a close group of friends, we were like attached at the hip. I've gone from a really close friendship group to wondering if there's anyone who wouldn't mind hanging out with me at lunch.
pimpman777
Badges: 0
Report 8 years ago
I'm the same, but I'm not too bothered really, I like it that way. I tend to get bored hanging out with the same group anyway. And IMO it's good that I don't have any best friends, I have more freedom and there's less chance of getting hurt/betrayed. Plus, I'm leaving or university soon anyway so there's no point worrying about friends in sixth form.
username196545
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
No, I have a best friend.

She's in South Korea atm though. :rolleyes:
username388232
Report 8 years ago
PM me if ur feeling lonely and want to chat
Anonymous #1
No one else?
The Procrastinator
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I don't have a best friend either. Most of the time it doesn't bother me, but it would be nice if occasionally I was invitied out for the night or whatever friends do together. It's been so long. :sigh:

Feck 'em I say.
Anonymous #2
Report 8 years ago
I do, but he lives in North America now.
I don't really have a best friend after that. One or two close friends, but at the moment heaps of my friends are gossiping and just being generally horrible to each other, so it's more a case of finding the people also trying to distance themselves.

I know how it feels to be lonely like you are. If it helps, just be lucky the people don't mind you hanging out with them, rather than sending you away.
If you are in sixth form, you don't have long to go before you can ditch them all.
S_123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
:console:
I sometimes feel the same. I don't have a friendship group either and flit between about 3 but I have a few best friends. I just don't like telling them I feel lonely because it makes me sound like such a loser haha :laugh:. I'm glad I've got them but for all the group things I'm generally out of it Feeling really sad today actually lol so I really feel for you :console:
lollypop036
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i dont. im really not close to anyone. theres no one on my contacts who i could just call whenever and chat for hours with. i do get lonely sometimes but i can deal with it lol
Anonymous #2
Report 8 years ago
Meant to add to the post, if you want to chat then just quote me on here, or something, and I'll PM you. I know the sort of things you are speaking about, and when I felt like that I only had my parents to speak to - so I'm here if you need to just moan or rant or whatever.

I'm anon because I have some friends on here (who are currently gossiping and saying how much they hate each other at every opportunity) and I'd rather just remain anon, really. :P
Phobia27
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Not anymore, no, since he went to uni, probably can count the amount of times we have talked (on MSN) since he left in September on one hand
YellowDucksOnBlueSocks
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I did but she doesn't think of me as her best friend anymore. Shes gone off with girls in halls.

Now i'm hopefully moving out of our halls to a different one, I was too dependant on her. Not being interested in making new friends, I only wanted to be her best friend all the time.

It takes a long time for me to get friendly with a new person so I guess when i've got that special bond I don't try finding it in anyone else.

In the end I got hurt and she didn't. Shes gained from it, I feel so silly. Now i'm just spending a lot of time by myself, i'm going shopping by myself tomorrow...it will be strange. But I think i'll survive without her.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by YellowDucksOnBlueSocks)
I did but she doesn't think of me as her best friend anymore. Shes gone off with girls in halls.

Now i'm hopefully moving out of our halls to a different one, I was too dependant on her. Not being interested in making new friends, I only wanted to be her best friend all the time.

It takes a long time for me to get friendly with a new person so I guess when i've got that special bond I don't try finding it in anyone else.

In the end I got hurt and she didn't. Shes gained from it, I feel so silly. Now i'm just spending a lot of time by myself, i'm going shopping by myself tomorrow...it will be strange. But I think i'll survive without her.
oh my gosh!!!!!
this is my EXACT situation!!! i was friends with my friend for a good 7 years and all of a sudden, I wasn't good enough :confused:
Folderol
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I have one friend that I'll tell more to than anyone else and I'll stay up talking to him until the early hours of the morning. I'd like to think he'd do what I asked of him. And then I have close friends - with differing degrees of closeness. And there's a couple of them who I tell a lot too as well. There was a girl who I used to tell a lot of things and talk all night and all of that, but that's died unfortunately. The same hasn't happened with my "best friend," we've been friends like this for 3 years (mostly).
ily_em
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I do have a best friend but I don't really tell her everything, unlike most best friends seem to do.
lollypop036
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by YellowDucksOnBlueSocks)

aw thats so sad =[

but dont worry, you'll get used to shopping alone very quickly!
i always go shopping alone, by choice. You can spend as long as you want in any shop without feeling pressured by anyone to hurry, and you dont have to spend time in a shop youre not interested in because of your shopping buddy. i love it
YellowDucksOnBlueSocks
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
oh my gosh!!!!!
this is my EXACT situation!!! i was friends with my friend for a good 7 years and all of a sudden, I wasn't good enough :confused:
Ahh, someone to share my pain. How did or are you getting over it? I've just been investing in things that make me happy and hoping to join clubs when i go back to uni next week. My uni friends are pretty cool but they're all males basically. So it's different
lella_m
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I don't have a best friend :emo:
YellowDucksOnBlueSocks
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by lollypop036)
aw thats so sad =[

but dont worry, you'll get used to shopping alone very quickly!
i always go shopping alone, by choice. You can spend as long as you want in any shop without feeling pressured by anyone to hurry, and you dont have to spend time in a shop youre not interested in because of your shopping buddy. i love it
ah, I tried to rep your post but my brain did something odd and it came out wrong. lol, you'll understand when you read it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (75)
29.41%
No - I got the required grades (147)
57.65%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (33)
12.94%

Watched Threads