Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Procrastinator)
    Yep it is! Often at the lights I have a swig of Diet Coke or whatever and if I get fined then there will be hell to pay!
    thats nothing, i often inject heroin whilst waiting at traffic lights

ahem :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacketpotato)
    I don't believe him. The whole story is based on the word of the businessman. I'd be very surprised if there wasn't some other genuine reason, as the penalty was for failing to be in control of his car. Most likely he did something like wobble across the road, nearly crash into the person in front or jump a light.
    I don't see any reason not to believe the story tbh.
    It would be pointless saying he was stationary in traffic if he was not, simply because there would be many witnesses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    I don't see any reason not to believe the story tbh.
    It would be pointless saying he was stationary in traffic if he was not, simply because there would be many witnesses.
    There's not much reason to believe him either. I find it hard to believe that a policeman would give him a ticket just for sneezing. Witnesses aren't taken for a fixed penalty ticket, and its not like people examine what other drivers are doing in traffic.

ReputationRep:
    is stupid and shows that the police haven't got anything better to do, the officer who issued it has a previous record i heard for doing things like this

and there was the time someone drop a £10 note on the floor and got fined for littering

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacketpotato)
    There's not much reason to believe him either. I find it hard to believe that a policeman would give him a ticket just for sneezing. Witnesses aren't taken for a fixed penalty ticket, and its not like people examine what other drivers are doing in traffic.
    Whereas I don't find it hard to believe a policeman would do that.
    Some coppers are just up themselves and on a power trip.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by initiation)
    And the police wonder why it is often percieved that they are loosing public support
    Ditto. They should be doing better things with their time, like physical fitness.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.