Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I ultimately want to become a histopathologist but here are my problems:

I have re-taken my GCSE's twice and have received average grades. I want to retake my GCSE's again so I can get the top grades so I can study for my A levels.

* I am 19 years of age btw and still haven't completed my A levels.

Some of you on here might say that I don't have the required intelligence to become a histopathologist because I retook my GCSE's twice. You may have a point. But consider this. The reason why I didn't achieve top grades because I didn't apply myself fully, I just basically dossed around and tbh I always felt I was a failure. Now I realise that I am quite intelligent and that my self limiting belief that "I'm not intelligent and I will never achieve anything great" was the real reason why I was at best a mediocre student.

I really believe that if I apply myself this time round I can achieve my goal. Would universities look down upon someone like myself?

Thanks for your help. It is much appreciated and please don't think i'm a student who is self deluded. I know I have what it takes. My therapist told me so!

You dossed around during your gcses which you took 3 times in total?
    I disagree with your therapist.

I have replied to the other thread on this subject.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Study tools

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.