Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

For valentines day... i think i will cook a meal for my girlfriend... should i cook n watch

ReputationRep:
    you might burn yourself..
    then sex wouldnt be possible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desertwarrior)
    i could make cookies? That wud b cool cos she likes cookiez and then have strawbarries with them!! Thanks
    hmm.. not sure about ur main course suggestions.. she is a daughter of a farmer so is very keen on her meat... is allergic to seafood.. maybe like a small portion of curry?
    Cookies are good. fresh out of the oven of course

hmm.. mains then. should be meaty but not heavy. Curry is, IMO a no no. quite rich and filling. although a thai green could work, one bit of sauce on the pretty dress and evening is ******.

I would go for a trio of pork - Tenderloin with a apple cider jus, nice bit of crispy belly, and some nice ribs. all served with a grain mustard mash and some honey roasted parsnips.

ReputationRep:
    Three bean soup...?
    I am struggling not to say anything about her bean...
    Bah!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by devotchka_)
    Three bean soup...?
    I am struggling not to say anything about her bean...
    Bah!
    what bean?!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by under8ted)
    i'd say that menu is a bit heavy if you are hoping for sex afterwards! (does sound yum tho). i'd go for a light main course and strawberries & cream to follow as they are light, go with champers and you can feed eacher etc. good luck!
    yeah defo go for strawberries and cream for afters.....coz then u take it with you ^^:yep:

ReputationRep:
    no, just thought like sumtimes u see the whole, just wear a chef hate and socks while cooking, put sum clothes on for eating
    No socks. Maybe wear some comedy slippers instead.

Actually, I agree with the person who made the point about preferring the guy to dress up nicely; if my boyfriend cooked naked I'd feel it was something to do with his own wants/ego (many guys seem to love being naked!), whereas if he made an effort to wear items of clothing he knew I liked I'd be pleased.

Altogether you should think specifically about what she likes if you want it to be a treat. If my boyfriend decided not to give me dessert so I wouldn't be too full for sex ... well, let's just say it wouldn't go down well.

Man, I want a Valentine's meal. If I had to choose right now I'd have crispy aromatic duck pancakes to start, steak with bearnaise sauce and chips for main and ... something delicious and probably chocolatey (maybe Ben and Jerry's or Dime Bar Cake) for dessert. And it might be best to have sex first so that we could eat until stuffed and then snuggle up in front of a film. :coma:

The actual scenario: I'm going to a friend's house specifically to eat cookies in the afternoon (everyone's bringing their own so we can swap), then I will go home and feel guilty about the cookies and waste time on the internet. LDR FTL.

(Original post by Rucklo)
    Got to admit i LOL'd at the effort you put into thinking about the question.
    Hey, just trying to help a brother out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cadarn)
    yeah defo go for strawberries and cream for afters.....coz then u take it with you ^^:yep:
    IN BED (H)!!!

ReputationRep:
    what bean?!?
    Oh good God, no.
    Noooooo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelkin)
    No socks. Maybe wear some comedy slippers instead.

Actually, I agree with the person who made the point about preferring the guy to dress up nicely; if my boyfriend cooked naked I'd feel it was something to do with his own wants/ego (many guys seem to love being naked!), whereas if he made an effort to wear items of clothing he knew I liked I'd be pleased.

Altogether you should think specifically about what she likes if you want it to be a treat. If my boyfriend decided not to give me dessert so I wouldn't be too full for sex ... well, let's just say it wouldn't go down well.

Man, I want a Valentine's meal. If I had to choose right now I'd have crispy aromatic duck pancakes to start, steak with bearnaise sauce and chips for main and ... something delicious and probably chocolatey (maybe Ben and Jerry's or Dime Bar Cake) for dessert. And it might be best to have sex first so that we could eat until stuffed and then snuggle up in front of a film. :coma:

The actual scenario: I'm going to a friend's house specifically to eat cookies in the afternoon (everyone's bringing their own so we can swap), then I will go home and feel guilty about the cookies and waste time on the internet. LDR FTL.

Hey, just trying to help a brother out
    awww thanks for this i apprecaite it.. the cirpy duck actually sounds really tasty :D
    what i LDR FTL i don't use internets that mcuh lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lodzinski)

hmm.. mains then. should be meaty but not heavy. Curry is, IMO a no no. quite rich and filling. although a thai green could work, one bit of sauce on the pretty dress and evening is ******.

I would go for a trio of pork - Tenderloin with a apple cider jus, nice bit of crispy belly, and some nice ribs. all served with a grain mustard mash and some honey roasted parsnips.
    :coma:

Are you free that night?

ReputationRep:
    :coma:

Are you free that night?
    for you? of course I am :hubba:

ReputationRep:
    awww thanks for this i apprecaite it.. the cirpy duck actually sounds really tasty :D
    what i LDR FTL i don't use internets that mcuh lol
    Haha, good for you. It's a plague. It stands for "long-distance relationship for the loss", i.e. I am in a long-distance relationship so I don't see my boyfriend that often and we will not be together on V Day :emo: It's okay though because I'm visiting him not long after that and then we will eat all of the things I mentioned

ReputationRep:
    for you? of course I am :hubba:
    Dinner at mine? "Mine" because I live in Sweden. If you come over and cook for me, I will do you the honour of really enjoying your food. Maybe I could introduce you to some Swedish ladies to make up for the effort.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, good for you. It's a plague. It stands for "long-distance relationship for the loss", i.e. I am in a long-distance relationship so I don't see my boyfriend that often and we will not be together on V Day :emo: It's okay though because I'm visiting him not long after that and then we will eat all of the things I mentioned
    and then extra isn't it!!!
    I was thinking of buying her lingerie for her birthday which is also february 19th... is this a good idea?

From experience - oil and other hot liquids jump & spill....generally towards the direction of your ****. Don't cook naked.

ReputationRep:
    Dinner at mine? "Mine" because I live in Sweden. If you come over and cook for me, I will do you the honour of really enjoying your food. Maybe I could introduce you to some Swedish ladies to make up for the effort.

Ouch, sweden? bit far. Will meet you half way in copenhagen Swedish ladies you say? throw in some daim bars and you've got a deal.

Fish is a superior choice for romantic meals.

Seared ahi tuna & mago salsa. Nuffsaid.

Never mind the fact that you could also make it into sushi and sashimi, and work an appatizer around it.

Underrated fish Tuna is.

ReputationRep:
    In the context of your previous thread I would argue that it isn't an appropriate thing to do, because it will look like a dig about the sex thing that happened in the morning.

ReputationRep:
    and then extra isn't it!!!
    I was thinking of buying her lingerie for her birthday which is also february 19th... is this a good idea?
    Again, it depends on the girl, but I would hazard a guess that most women wouldn't like this - she might feel that it's a present for your enjoyment rather than hers!

There was a hilarious Eastenders episode years ago where Barry got Natalie a red PVC basque for her birthday, and he accidentally bought it in size 24. She got really mad and stormed off, but when she came home she found him waiting for her wearing it. Hilarity ensued and all was well again.

Oh, here it is. Quality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HDS)
    Fish is a superior choice for romantic meals.

Seared ahi tuna & mago salsa. Nuffsaid.

Never mind the fact that you could also make it into sushi and sashimi, and work an appatizer around it.

Underrated fish Tuna is.
    and yet overfished :P

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.