Turn on thread page Beta

Withdrawal method - your opinions? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Callipygian)
    These figures are the chance of getting pregnant if you use this method exclusively for a year.

Method ... perfect use ..|.. average use

no method ..... 85% ....... 85%
    male condom ... 15% ....... 2%
    Withdrawal ... 27% ....... 4%
    pill ................. 8% ....... 0.3%

Source
    You've copy and pasted those statistics terribly. They are nothing like they are in the source. Average use, lol where have you even got that from? There is method and user failures, no "average" use statistic. All you've done is shown you don't understand your own source.

By all means, post the source, but get rid of that crap in your post. It's misleading and inaccurate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princesschickenbelly)
    Oh my God NEVER have sex! You have no idea about how sex works.
    I've had sex loads of times..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fox_the_fix)
    No it's basic physics, what goes up must come down.
    Simply stop being stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollerBall)
    You've copy and pasted those statistics terribly. They are nothing like they are in the source. Average use, lol where have you even got that from? There is method and user failures, no "average" use statistic.

By all means, post the source, but get rid of that crap in your post. It's misleading and inaccurate.
    its very difficult to write a table on TSR because the formatting deletes extra spaces, by all means visit the source and write out your own table. Ive given the source.

ReputationRep:
    Pre-*** does not contain sperm in it, unless it's from a previous ejaculation. And then the sperm is from semen left over in your tubes. Then it's a tiny chance of getting preg; Tiny amounts of sperm, and the chance there's some left over, and the chance you havn't pissed.

But pre-*** itself doesn't have any sperm in it. Last time I checked, you can't get pregnent without sperm.
    Ok we'll assume that is true (although not sure if im convinced or not as lots of different answers on the internet), but what happens if he gets too excited too early and premature ejaculates without having time to pull out. It's still too risky in my opinion.

I think the majority of people who rely on the withdrawl method show a common naivity and immaturity, like for example they'd be afraid to go buy condoms through embarassment. Accidents do happen a lot which is why you see so many teenage pregnancies. Coincidence?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Callipygian)
    its very difficult to write a table on TSR because the formatting deletes extra spaces, by all means visit the source and write out your own table. Ive given the source.
    It wasn't a case of just that. The headings are wrong. It's method failure and user failure. Without that, typical use (average) or perfect use doesn't really make any sense.

The source is usefull, but you may as well just say that pull out has a 4% chance of failing when used perfectly and 27% of failing when you accidently jizz in them.

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't a case of just that. The headings are wrong. It's method failure and user failure. Without that, typical use (average) or perfect use doesn't really make any sense.
    it actualy says "typcial" use (method failure and user failure are in brackets), is there really any difference between that and average use?

Anyway, does it really matter? You can still see that withdrawal method isn't a complete disaster but isnt as good as other common methods.

Nobody else has given the op any actual statistics.

You've copy and pasted those statistics terribly. They are nothing like they are in the source. Average use, lol where have you even got that from? There is method and user failures, no "average" use statistic. All you've done is shown you don't understand your own source.

how will this figure be adjusted not for the year but for just one time? devide it by the number of times you have sex supposedly? lol

The worst thing about this is that guys virtually just forget about it/generally not mind. it's the girls who get paranoid to death/cant sleep cz of this crap!

ReputationRep:

The source is usefull, but you may as well just say that pull out has a 4% chance of failing when used perfectly and 27% of failing when you accidently jizz in them.
    It means that a typical (average?) couple using the method does not use it perfectly and as a result it has a 27% chance of failing within a year. It's not just saying that it'll fail if you accidentally jizz in her, it's saying that a typical person is likely to fail at the method within about three years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    how will this figure be adjusted not for the year but for just one time? devide it by the number of times you have sex supposedly? lol
    it doesnt work like that, the reason they do it over a year is because your fertility is changing all the time, at some points in your cycle your more likely to get pregnant than other times etc

a healthy couple who are trying for a baby take on average something like 3 months to actualy conceive.

Its very difficult to work out a reasonably accurate figure for a 1 time occurance.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes.
    I usually just get her to go on top when I finish.
    It won't get her preggerz because of gravity
    LMAO
    Knocked Up?

ReputationRep:
    pull out and spaff all over her face?! something along those lines?1

ReputationRep:
    Practised only by ********* from the bowels of hellish estates.

I would try avoid it!

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes.
    I usually just get her to go on top when I finish.
    It won't get her preggerz because of gravity
    I hope and assume you are joking :erm:

ReputationRep:
    thats quite a scary statistic for the condom :|

(Original post by Ruthi-SH)
    thats quite a scary statistic for the condom :|
    always remember Ross&Rachel

ReputationRep:
    ...thanks that makes it all better

ReputationRep:
    No it's basic physics, what goes up must come down.
    actually it doesn't have to :rolleyes:
    Anyway back on point, sperm can swim against gravity

http://kidshealth.org/teen/expert/se.../standing.html

ReputationRep:
    about as effective as a one-legged man in an arse-kicking contest.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.