Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Only 0.4% of terrorist attacks in Europe by Muslims Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJlover)
    Maybe that book doesn't exist. Maybe its an internet rumour. But stop ************ about Tolstoy, he held Islam in high regard and sung its praises.
    Yes, yes, :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moe Lester)
    Yet not enough to become a Muslim.
    really? who says? anyone who believes in God, believes in Prophet Muhammad and the Quran is a muslim. You dont have to formerly declare it.

ReputationRep:
    Yet not enough to become a Muslim.
    Oh and not that I stated he was a muslim. My siggs were quotes about prophet Muhammad. I don't know why you're jumping to conclusions.

ReputationRep:
    Oh and not that I stated he was a muslim. My siggs were quotes about prophet Muhammad. I don't know why you're jumping to conclusions.
    I am saying he studied Islam, respected it but didn't find it convincing enough to become a Muslim.

ReputationRep:
    I am saying he studied Islam, respected it but didn't find it convincing enough to become a Muslim.
    Ok
    But he was a believer of Muhammad, a believer in God and all the common prophets. Makes him a muslim technically.

ReputationRep:
    Only 0.4%? That's quite hard to believe.

Of course I imagine that's the impression they want to give. They want to spike up their fur to make themselves look bigger and scarier.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/01/ter...onwatch.com%29

It has statistics and links to the Europol website that publishes the EU Terrorism Situation and Trend Report, which shows that Muslims as a group commit the least terrorist attacks in Europe.

What do you think?

I hope (which really means I know it will) that this will not turn into another Muslims bashing thread, but here goes.
    i wouldn't believe a website thats called "loonwatch"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TickTackToe)
    i wouldn't believe a website thats called "loonwatch"
    LOL. no they have a link from official reports published by the FBI and Europol (they gather statistics from the EU)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddyman4)
    The FBI also took a picture of the Spanish PM off Google images, whacked a beard on it and released it as an updated 'most wanted' photo of what Bin Laden will look like now. I think they're pretty rubbish.

Anyway this source is so unreliable and obviously biased. When talking about US they conveniently go back to 1980. Did you know that between 1066 and 2009 the percentage of attacks on UK which were due to Muslims was only 0.00000001%?

Then Europe probably classifies all sorts of **** as terrorism in order to allow member states to use their fantastic new 'anti-terror' legislation to do whatever they want (like how UK used anti-terror legislation to freece Icelandish assets recently). It probably counts as a terrorist attack when animal rights campaigners do anything (like when they dug up a corpse to mess with the head of an animal research lab or something), or when hippie lefties lock themselves in a wind turbine factory they don't want to shut down. It doesn't change the fact that I would rather take on a vegan with a shovel than an extremist Muslim with a bomb. i.e. the only terror attacks that were serious in the UK in recent years were by Muslim extremists.
    Oh? Would you rather they took statistics between the 6th of July 2005 to the 8th of July 2005 from just London? :O :O WOW.. 100% of the terrorist attacks were by Muslims!

ReputationRep:
    A lot of things count as terrorism.

Killing agents of the state, such as police officers and military personnel gets labelled terrorism. I have an issue with that personally.

Islamic terrorists try to kill ordinary people who are doing nothing but going to work then going home to their families. In general, the IRA and ETA target individuals employed by a state occupying their homelands. Which is fair game.

0.4% is just ******** and clearly twisted to suit an agenda. Muslims are the biggest terrorist threat to ordinary people.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kevtp)
    Oh? Would you rather they took statistics between the 6th of July 2005 to the 8th of July 2005 from just London? :O :O WOW.. 100% of the terrorist attacks were by Muslims!
    Either you know what my point was and you're being sarky, or you missed my point which means you're an idiot.

For clarification, my point was that looking at the proportion of attacks over the last 30 years which were by Muslim terrorists is completely useless. Muslim terrorism on western countries has only become a major issue over the last decade, whilst many terrorist groups in the 1980s are not in action today. So such a statistic says nothing about the danger of Muslim terrorism today, or anything about the danger of Muslim terrorism in 1980. The over simplicity of the analysis has come up with a number that is completely useless.

Then my main point was that obviously Muslim terrorism is a small proportion, because what the Government classes as terrorism covers pretty much anything. The proportion of what the Government classes as terrorist acts which were due to Muslim extremism is useless as it says nothing about scale of attacks, giving the killing of over 50 people the same status as an animal rights campaigner busting up the car of the head of an animal testing lab.

The statistic also covers all of Europe, when European countries differ in enemies significantly. Eastern European countries are hardly in danger of Muslims, and so the data is skewed by the completely different terrorist problems in different countries, like the Chechnyans in Russia. Thus again making the statistic irrelevant in any European country, because too many different countries have been included in one go. The statistic is useless in the UK as it includes Chechnyans which have no affect on us, and it's useless in Albania because it includes Muslim terrorism which they are fairly safe from.

In short, anyone who is surprised by this statistic, and anyone who thinks it means anything, is stupid.

ReputationRep:
    When over 90% of the counted figures were separatist attacks in France and Spain, its hardly surprising...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.