Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you say this is a true representation of Facebook idiots?? watch

ReputationRep:
    It's also annoying when lots of people's names are tagged in useless statuses

ReputationRep:
    Oh god I know at least one person for every single one of those traits. :woo: Particularly 'The Rash'! I know one guy who ****** me off so much, but I find it hilarious how he basically stalks his ex-girlfriends page by liking all her updates, commenting on all her updates, ensuring if they meet up to get several photos of them together so he can tag them together, makes her and him (only them - cuts everyone else off) his profile pic, keeps mentioning her in his status updates, etc! It's even funnier when you see the girl snogging someone else from a night out, because you know he will have seen that pic!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Queen_Pinky)
    Aye, that and also I HATE when they tag me for a stupid pic that I have no interest in (not to mention they've tagged over 50 people) then the replies to the pic start coming in and I end up with 75,000 notifications then I have to untag myself.....

Arghhhh :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Queen_Pinky)
    :O I hate this too! When they post stupid in-jokes like:

"Xxxxx Had yet again a very funny science lesson with Xxxx and Xxxxxx LMFAO beth "are you enjoying tht milky way" and i still dnt get it but it was still funny :L and i dnt know what pns is but i think i might no the none scientific one LMAO luv you guys xxx"

"Xxxxx has had a good day with Xxxxx , Xxxxx and Xxxxxx.. hahah on the bus with the make-up,,,,, lmfao maddie I WANT A VEGGIE BURGER.. you didnt eat it tho :L ly all xxxx"

They were real statuses :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Haha very true!

I hate people who post attention seeking comments. In close succession.

Here are three statuses one person I know posted in the last hour:

"I'm not ok"

ten minutes later:

"I feel invisible"

half an hour later:

"Finally, I think that I've turned over a leaf. Much love and thanks to all my good friends at Youth Group"

It's just begging for all her asinine friends to run on and leave comments like "Bbz you are gorgeous!! Never let anyone else decide who you are!! Love ya loadssss!!! *hugs*!!!!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flowermaster91)
    My friend who goes every 5mins:

'FUK FAKE FRIENDS AND FUK DA WORLD!'
    'FUK ALL UZ *****ES'
    'I DONT CARE ABT NONE OF Y'ALL I KNW WHO MY TRU FRIENDS ARE'

I really wished there was a 'i dont care' button

EDIT: shes the passive agressor
    Do we know the same person??!??!?

ReputationRep:
    Ooooh I've thought of more things to add...

The obssessive group/ fan page joiner (> 1,000 pages?? Too much!)

People who are "married" to their best friend/ dog etc in their relationship status.... don't know why, but it bugs me.

ReputationRep:
    Ha ha ha, I like that, great Facebook parody. Thanks for the post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ily_em)
    Ooooh I've thought of more things to add...

The obssessive group/ fan page joiner (> 1,000 pages?? Too much!)

People who are "married" to their best friend/ dog etc in their relationship status.... don't know why, but it bugs me.
    Oh yeah, good ones, I totally agree :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I hate these types:

A: is so upset rite now!!!111
    B: aww wats up hun? *hugs*
    A: nah its okay dnt wanna tlk bout it on ere.

...5 minutes later:

A: really h8s lyf rite now!!!111

:facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    HAAA. Seriously so many girls do the passive agressive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ѕнαℓiηα)
    I hate these types:

A: is so upset rite now!!!111
    B: aww wats up hun? *hugs*
    A: nah its okay dnt wanna tlk bout it on ere.

...5 minutes later:

A: really h8s lyf rite now!!!111

:facepalm2:
    Lmao. So accurate.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh I love that! Someone I know uses them to post all these cliched things like 'It's not about how many breaths you take, but about the number of moments that take your breath away' or some other fortune cookie crap.

ReputationRep:
    Lol true! :laugh:
    They've not got the stupid groups thought where everyone joins those BLOODY GROUPS ARGHH!!
    It annoys me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism)
    Ahhh I love that! Someone I know uses them to post all these cliched things like 'It's not about how many breaths you take, but about the number of moments that take your breath away' or some other fortune cookie crap.
    I used to hate that on BEBO.

Someones profile would always be written with:

"Jus finished school Got a job lyk/finished school startin' a levels
    I don't take shyt from no one
    if you don't like what you see i don't wanna kno
    what u see is what u get
    love <333 hanging with ma mates n getting plastered every chance i get
    you only get one chance at this life
    love livin' life to the fullest"

So many clichéd phrases I hate the phrase "living life to the fullest" or living life to the full.

I also hate inside jokes on statuses.

There's also this one girl on my facebook status which is self pity all the time. I sometimes feel like going "do you want me to agree with you?" I get tempted to like the status. I've hidden them now XD.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spinnerette)
    I used to hate that on BEBO.

Someones profile would always be written with:

"Jus finished school Got a job lyk/finished school startin' a levels
    I don't take shyt from no one
    if you don't like what you see i don't wanna kno
    what u see is what u get
    love <333 hanging with ma mates n getting plastered every chance i get
    you only get one chance at this life
    love livin' life to the fullest"

So many clichéd phrases I hate the phrase "living life to the fullest" or living life to the full.

I also hate inside jokes on statuses.

There's also this one girl on my facebook status which is self pity all the time. I sometimes feel like going "do you want me to agree with you?" I get tempted to like the status. I've hidden them now XD.
    Ah so true! You need to do a column for a paper or something I'm tempted to go back on myspace and go through everyone's profiles to read the funny cliches.

Oh you should've liked them!

ReputationRep:
    haha xD im definitely the quiz taker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism)
    Ah so true! You need to do a column for a paper or something I'm tempted to go back on myspace and go through everyone's profiles to read the funny cliches.

Oh you should've liked them!
    I used to write for the local town paper when I was in school. I lost interest though.

Yeah though I don't wan't 'cause an argument. Haha I see some people put those type of cliches in those little "write anything wall" under the picture on the profile, on facebook, or in the About Me sections.

ReputationRep:
    Haha so so true

ReputationRep:
    So many of my friends fit those profiles :laugh: especially the Infant one, it is weird to see a picture of an innocent 1-year old next to the status "oh man I got so trolleyed last night!!!"

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.