Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Canadian Judge admits sexism in domestic violence sentance Watch

ReputationRep:
    link

in this case, the woman hit the man with a pan and stabbed him

and the judge said basically said " if the role was revered and it was a man who beat his girlfriend with a frying pan and then stabbed her repeatedly, he is "doubtful" the sentence would be as light.

More likely he would be incarcerated for a significant period of time"

discuss

ReputationRep:
    It's disgusting that she got let off without even a day in jail.

It's an injustice. Not much more to say than that really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJkG.1)
    It's disgusting that she got let off without even a day in jail.

It's an injustice. Not much more to say than that really.
    I mean she stabbed someone,

lets see what the feminists have to say about that, probs how its somehow his fault because he "emotionally beat her"

It's canada. No surprise.

ReputationRep:
    disgusting

ReputationRep:
    He doesn't even try to hide it

ReputationRep:
    Ah well.
    They get the heads up in abstract situations like that - thankfully I shall have a higher pay check, more promotions etc

ReputationRep:
    It's terrible, I can't believe the judge even admitted thinking like that. How ridiculous. She definitely should have got more time.

(Original post by DOA)

lets see what the feminists have to say about that, probs how its somehow his fault because he "emotionally beat her"
    Erm.. no... a feminist would say that men + women should be treated equally, so the judge is a complete ******. :eyebrow:

ReputationRep:
    The woman with a frying pan is always right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vampyrcorn)
    It's terrible, I can't believe the judge even admitted thinking like that. How ridiculous. She definitely should have got more time.

Erm.. no... a feminist would say that men + women should be treated equally, so the judge is a complete ******. :eyebrow:
    feminists are only out for women, the hints in the name FEMinist and they are only feminists when it suits them

(Original post by DOA)
    feminists are only out for women, the hints in the name FEMinist and they are only feminists when it suits them
    :rolleyes:

Um. Noooooo. God. Stop distorting herstory,
    :p:

In other news, join my eMANcipation movement, bringing equality & freedom back to men :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DOA)

Oh FFS. Feminists don't have the attitude, "the woman is always right and men are pigs" (apart from a small minority who piss everyone else off). I am a feminist and I think the whole thing is a travesty. Of course she should have gone to prison.

Where did you learn your opinion of feminists from? Things other blokes say?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelkin)
    Oh FFS. Feminists don't have the attitude, "the woman is always right and men are pigs" (apart from a small minority who piss everyone else off). I am a feminist and I think the whole thing is a travesty. Of course she should have gone to prison.

Where did you learn your opinion of feminists from? Things other blokes say?
    but those type of the feminists are the thickest, hardest to shut up and only see the world from their point of view

Im just working on the information I have

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Men in society face much greater in equality than women at the current time.

Its about tiem we stepped up and put these *****es in their place.

ReputationRep:
    Shouldn't she have gotten done for attempted murder?

ReputationRep:
    That's terrible! And then for the judge to admit it!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.