Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    Hi all.
    Me and some close friends are applying to the same uni next year and have been looking at possible accomodation. The university is just a 45 minute journey from where we live now.
    The private accomodation beside the university is very expensive, but we have found private accomodation nearer to home that is really cheap and larger than some accom close to uni. This accomodation is about 5 miles away from my current location but is right beside a train link that goes directly to the uni so I could commute using this. I was wondering is it possible to move this close from home but still be classed as living away from parents. Is there any sort of cap on how far you live away from home. I know it would be easier and cheaper to live at home but I want to get away from parents :p:
    Thanks for the help

    It doesn't matter if you move next door - if you're not in the same house you're living away from your parents.
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.


Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.