Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

******* hell, my body couldn't handle weight gain of 2 pounds... Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm male, 18, 5'8 and weighed about 8.3 stone, everyone kept saying I should put weight on, and that I would look better for it, so after a while I decided to take their advice and try to put on a bit.

As a result I've put on two pounds, physically my body looks better for it, but my face has not taken it well at all. Naturally I have a somewhat rounded face, and the plus side of being so light was it actually gave me a fairly defined jaw line in consideration of my facial structure, put on two pounds and most of that jaw line definition has disappeared, and a couple of people noticed my face looked "fuller", which is a nice way of saying fat.

It's made me really depressed, I'd rather have stayed two pounds lighter than end up with a fatter face. FFS. If my face can't handle two pounds then I dread to put any more on.

ReputationRep:
    It's two pounds, what does it matter in the long run anyway?

Besides, fuller faces often look better than gaunt faces.

ReputationRep:
    How can you even notice 2 pounds, go for a dump and you'll be back where you started

ReputationRep:
    I've gained 6KG in the last 2 months and my face has gained a tiny bit of weight too. Trust me, A fuller face looks much better than a skinny one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigman_ben)
    How can you even notice 2 pounds, go for a dump and you'll be back where you started
    :lol:

How can you notice 2 pounds!?

I can't notice weight loss/gain till about 7 pounds.

ReputationRep:
    Well if you're that light you probably need to put weight on. And a fuller face is better than a face like this;

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes you have to make sacrifices to avoid looking Somalian. People think that means you walk around the gym frowning and grunting and you push THROUGH THE PAIN BECAUSE YOU'RE THAT HARDCORE. Really it means getting a fat face and spending an hour a day on the toilet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burningnun)
    Sometimes you have to make sacrifices to avoid looking Somalian. People think that means you walk around the gym frowning and grunting and you push THROUGH THE PAIN BECAUSE YOU'RE THAT HARDCORE. Really it means getting a fat face and spending an hour a day on the toilet.
    :rofl: You mean black? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunOfABeach)
    :rofl: You mean black? :p:
    You have to make sacrifices to not be black too. Have you ever heard someone brag about being hung like a 5'9 white guy? Do you know why that is?

ReputationRep:
    You have to make sacrifices to not be black too. Have you ever heard someone brag about being hung like a 5'9 white guy? Do you know why that is?
    lol no I haven't. I can guess why though. Urban myths regarding correlation between height/race and penis size? :woo:

no offence black people :p:

ReputationRep:
    Anorexia is bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak56)
    I'm male, 18, 5'8 and weighed about 8.3 stone, everyone kept saying I should put weight on, and that I would look better for it, so after a while I decided to take their advice and try to put on a bit.

As a result I've put on two pounds, physically my body looks better for it, but my face has not taken it well at all. Naturally I have a somewhat rounded face, and the plus side of being so light was it actually gave me a fairly defined jaw line in consideration of my facial structure, put on two pounds and most of that jaw line definition has disappeared, and a couple of people noticed my face looked "fuller", which is a nice way of saying fat.

It's made me really depressed, I'd rather have stayed two pounds lighter than end up with a fatter face. FFS. If my face can't handle two pounds then I dread to put any more on.
    how lucky are u?! i've been trying to put on wait for ages and its not happening one bit! ...
    honestly men with skinny faces = less sexy actually that goes for women too. come one now u need to look human! lol its 2pounds hardly anything

plus a fuller face might have meant just a fuller face ... enjoy the compliment

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, maybe it looks obvious as your face was gaunt looking before? How did you put the weight on, that may have something to do with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak56)

do more face exercises.

ReputationRep:
    spending an hour a day on the toilet.
    Ugh, tell me about it. The amount I'm eating at the moment means I'm ******** at least 3 times a day.

OP: your face probably looked emaciated before. Let's put it this way - I'm your height and a narrow build and when I was 10 stone I looked slim. My brother is my height and at 9 stone he looks pretty damn skinny. At 8 stone 3, you really should gain weight because no matter how nice your face might look now, your body is bound to look crap.

ReputationRep:
    You may be adding too much fat - instead of muscle, I mean gaining 2 lb's and having it make a noticeable difference on the face - tells me most of the weight gain was fat.

ReputationRep:
    Search "how to get a defined jawline" on Google. Basically, chew some gum each day and do jaw exercises if you're THAT bothered.

Not ******* hard.

ReputationRep:
    Bulk face, learn to love it my friend because when you are cutting you will dream of the days when you could stuff your fat face full of food.

ReputationRep:
    I bet you look better for the little bit of weight gain

ReputationRep:
    So lose the extra pounds if you're not happy.

Simples.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.