Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/articles.a...ntid=151859102

I know there have been some furthur developments and now apparently the 70 year ban has been lifted but I thought I'd post this as it doesn't seem that anyone else has brought it up...

Firstly, I'm a complete dummy when it comes to politics-I'd like to think I know my stuff but I often just talk cr*p! So i'm not sure if I'm missing something here... But surely this must ring the alarm bells of everyone in the country. Isn't this in fact evidence enough that something dodgy is going on? There has already been speculation that his 'suicide' was in fact just a cover up for a government murder. I am so confused; am I being totally naive? Why hasn't more of a big deal been made out of this? It seems like something out of some conspiracy film.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously something is fishy. Very fishy.
    They must really need to cover something up, as I expect the public backlash from this will be pretty intense.
    **** the government.

ReputationRep:
    thats why u dont vote labour

ReputationRep:
    David Kelly did commit suicide he was not murdered by the government. The scandal is that he was driven to commit suicide by the government in its attempt to discredit him. I am trying to find the video of him in front of some parliamentary committee in which his whole professional reputation is torn to shreds by some MPs as his opinion wasn't the one they wanted.

ReputationRep:
    It's practically 99.9% that the Government killed him. I thought it was 50 years, though.

ReputationRep:
    Haha. The hypocrisy's outstanding. What happened to the whole "Nothing to hide, nothing to fear" mantra that we're being fed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeeDub)
    David Kelly did commit suicide he was not murdered by the government. The scandal is that he was driven to commit suicide by the government in its attempt to discredit him. I am trying to find the video of him in front of some parliamentary committee in which his whole professional reputation is torn to shreds by some MPs as his opinion wasn't the one they wanted.
    If he was driven to commit suicide, there would not be so much need for a cover up. I'm willing to bet the Labour government did murder him. So much for a democratic, free country - **** with the ruling classes' plans and you could end up dead in some accident. This is just as much political repression and state assassination as you'd expect from Russia or China. They have alot to hide, that much has become clear. Dr Kelly WAS murdered and that's what this covered-up evidence will say.

ReputationRep:
    How can the details of his death be a national security matter, unless he was in fact killed by his own employer?

I never believed the whole "suicide" cover-up. I think alot of people knew from the start... I guess we're all just in disbelief that our government is so psychotic and ruthless, that this could happen in Britain too.

ReputationRep:
    The way Labour treated Kelly in an attempt to quash opposition to their illegal war must one of the lowest points of Blair's time in office, probably only beaten by the invasion itself.

70 years - something must be worth hiding.

ReputationRep:
    I seriously doubt they actually murdered him. As been said its easy enough to drive someone to suicide by destroying thier whole life, career reputation, trashing future etc.

Still its a pretty appalling state of affairs that they felt the need to do what they did to shut him up.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.