Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Oh lord, my teeth lol

Erm, basically its in the title, my damn wisdom teeth are coming through and they hurt like hell :zomg:

Who has had all theirs come through and i've heard a lot of horror stories about having to get them yanked out when you're older :eek:

advice about best painkillers and previous experience much appreciated , as is taunting :p: xx

ReputationRep:
    Find something to bite or chew. It helps with that annoying feeling that I can't describe.

ReputationRep:
    One of mine came through, its not hurt for a few months though *crosses fingers*

I got through with Ibuprofen and teething gel for babies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    Find something to bite or chew. It helps with that annoying feeling that I can't describe.
    i tried to eat but it hurts but i was hungry so i took the pain lol..the feeling is more painful to me then annoying..

ReputationRep:
    I had my top 2, they didn't hurt that much coming through but the left one grew into a point and basically speared my cheek every time I ate or spoke. Made the entire left side of my face swell up so I couldn't eat on that side, had to have it taken out in the end.

ReputationRep:
    I've got my bottom two and half of the top two...

they become painful once every few months but I just get on with it cos I'm mental innit!

ReputationRep:
    Get some Orajel from the chemist - numbs toothache etc. Marvellous stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scribble_girl)
    One of mine came through, its not hurt for a few months though *crosses fingers*

I got through with Ibuprofen and teething gel for babies
    Yeh this is pretty much what my dentist recommended. I was so dosed up on painkillers for about a week, I didn't really know where i was

ReputationRep:
    I remember using Bonjela when I had lots of teeth coming through years ago.

I think clove oil is also good for numbing, so that could be an alternative option to investigate if you prefer. I'd definitely check it out in more detail before putting it in your mouth, though

Sorry to hear your wisdom teeth are being a pain. I have only had one appear so far, and it just happened... one day I was like, 'AARGH THERE'S A THING IN MY MOUTH! Ohwait.... it's a tooth... okay....<breathe-breathe-breathe-calm>', and it's been gradually emerging since. I am dreading the other 3 compensating and being particularly awful :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Mine are in the EXACT same positino as yours OP
    Oh my gosh they hurt so much, its just one at a time that feels like tis pushing my other teeth the way they arent meant to go!! Owwww

I haveh eard bonjela works. Clove oil too which is easily obtianable from any chemist xxx

ReputationRep:
    My advice would be: Go to the dentist and see if you ned them taken out. I let mine come through...then wondered why my mouth hurt so much= INFECTION It was sooo painful

I got them taken out a few weeks ago. I was in NO pain after the operation. The infection was worse than the recovery from the operation!

ReputationRep:
    thanks peoples gonna get some bonjela or something like that and i've a dentist appointment coming up

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.