Turn on thread page Beta

The Queen was an attractive young woman! watch

ReputationRep:
    tbh she looks jewish.

ReputationRep:
    lol at the cheesy smile

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if she would be disliked more than she is if she were an unattractive woman, as opposed to a pleasant sort of average one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by not-another-number)
    :coma:
    this

judging by the OP, he should've chosen FinishHimOff! rather than his current name.

ReputationRep:
    old woman was once young!!!! holy macaroni!!! and when you kill people they die...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Double Agent)
    I dont know, it kind of feels like perving on my mum or something, it just seems wrong. I guess she is conventionally attractive though.
    I agree with this,

She was definitely very pretty but I just get the image of her now in my head and it just seems wrong :o:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumorousGent.)
    how common, what a trollop.
    you fail @ lyf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DisgruntledMoth)
    I wonder if she would be disliked more than she is if she were an unattractive woman, as opposed to a pleasant sort of average one.
    She's hardly disliked, if that's what you're implying.

There have been plenty of unattractive royals who were and are revered. Queen Victoria certainly wasn't an Emily Blunt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryan W)
    It's kind of mental seeing her looking so young and pretty hot yet totally kitted out in the royal gear. What're the odds that happening again any time soon? :|
    Oooh err, sounds like a fetish. :P

My gran when she was younger used to get mistaken for the queen a lot. I look at photos of Lizzie and she looks the spitting image of my gran infact she still does.

She used to have people stop her in the street in the 50s asking for an autograph.

The Queen is a very pretty lady, has to be one of the most beautiful royals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FinishHim!)
    She's hardly disliked, if that's what you're implying.

There have been plenty of unattractive royals who were and are revered. Queen Victoria certainly wasn't an Emily Blunt.
    Not really what I meant. I was just mumbling about the associations that people make between beauty and other traits. She's beautiful, but that shouldn't imply any kind of greatness.

ReputationRep:
    DAMN! the Queen used to be such a vixen. I'd love to put MY crown jewels in that! lmao.

ReputationRep:
    hey, ive always thought she was pretty too. looking at the pics here has made me realise how she always put on dark lipstick...i cud never do that. as in light shades always make u look pretty maybe its cos dark shades just give that more powerful image.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarahberry)
    hey, ive always thought she was pretty too. looking at the pics here has made me realise how she always put on dark lipstick...i cud never do that. as in light shades always make u look pretty maybe its cos dark shades just give that more powerful image.
    Well, it's probably the picture. It was most likely the bold red lipstick of the 1950s which is currently experiencing a revival.

ReputationRep:
    Well, it's probably the picture. It was most likely the bold red lipstick of the 1950s which is currently experiencing a revival.
    i would love to see these pics in colour! she is really lucky to have been so pretty with so much money...just cant even imagine all the luxuries she would have had with the beautiful face.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DisgruntledMoth)
    Not really what I meant. I was just mumbling about the associations that people make between beauty and other traits. She's beautiful, but that shouldn't imply any kind of greatness.
    Within the confines and context of her wholly constitutional/ceremonial role, she's been close to greatness, in my opinion. If greatness within that context transfers as popularity, few mistakes, acting apolitically and maintaining tradition - then so be it.

Just as some would argue that Queen Elizabeth I expressed greatness within her role as an absolute monarch.

Physical looks are just a triviality, and just something of interest. They probably improved her popularity as a young Princess and Queen (for somewhat embodying the beautiful fairytale Princess), but as with a lot of people, looks don't last long and fade very quickly.

ReputationRep:
    Is it treason for me to say I'd tap that?!

ReputationRep:
    :sexface: :perv: :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Double Agent)
    I dont know, it kind of feels like perving on my mum or something, it just seems wrong. I guess she is conventionally attractive though.
    Would sort of agree with this statement. She looks very much 'of her time'.

ReputationRep:
    I think she's ageing really well! Aww good old Liz, I love Liz!

ReputationRep:
    I think our generation are so used to the elderly lady, we never really realise how attractive and glamorous she used to be. Not that she still isn't, of course, she does quite well for 83!

I think she is still attractive for her age

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.