Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Girls I need your opinion

girl on my course, gorgeous, cool and sweet! since we first met there was for me an instant attraction.

over the pasr few months I've noticed stuff from her which has made me think she likes me too - she says stuff like, 'you should have a girlfriend, whats your type, you have an amazing bod (slightly embarressed about that one' if we go for a drink we end up sitting next to eachother, last time we went out she asked if I had any pics of me in my wallet, was touching my knee etc, I was catching her in class checking me out a lot and began to hold her stare and then we just smile at eachother.

BUT

she has a boyfriend. I'm dying to do something about it, even if it means getting the knock back, I'm also not into stealing other guys girls, but if she's as into me as i'm into her then it would be a waste for me not to try????

Also - I'm white and she's asian, doesn't bother me at all I love indian girls but I am aware that she has this added consideration.

Any advice or help gladly appreciated

:-(

ReputationRep:
    do you have split-personality disorder or something similar?

ReputationRep:
    if she's that into you she'd finish with the other guy lol. it might just be that her having a bf means she feels she can just be like with you - i know that cos i'm with mine, i can be more touchy or whatever cos theres no intent behind it and i know it wont go anywhere

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Siobherz)
    if she's that into you she'd finish with the other guy lol. it might just be that her having a bf means she feels she can just be like with you - i know that cos i'm with mine, i can be more touchy or whatever cos theres no intent behind it and i know it wont go anywhere
    good point and I've been there myself, having a girlfriend did liberate me in that sense and I could flirt innocently. However this is more than that. I actually did leave my girlfriend of 5 yrs becasue I liked another girl and it wasn't until I heard on the grapevine that the girl in question liked me to. I think I should go for it, you only live once, it may be morally wrong but I'm past caring!

ReputationRep:
    If she liked you I really don't think she'd be that obvious about it.

It's hard to explain, but if you're both single, there's a limit to how nice you feel like you can be to a guy (bcos otherwise he might get the wrong impression). If you're in a relationship, it makes it "safe" to be vv nice to a guy (cos you assume he won't get the wrong impression as he knows you're in a relationship and therefore it can't go anywhere).

ReputationRep:
    If she says you should have a girlfriend it sounds like she wants to fix you up with someone (not her!) Sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear...

ReputationRep:
    So she has a boyfriend but often checks you out, touches your knee and generally flirts with you etc. Do you think you're going to be able to trust her?

ReputationRep:
    she might just see you as a close friend .. or maybe she does like you and her boyfriend just ask her about it then you can know for sure and move on x

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Milkshake**]If she liked you I really don't think she'd be that obvious about it.

It's hard to explain, but if you're both single, there's a limit to how nice you feel like you can be to a guy (bcos otherwise he might get the wrong impression). If you're in a relationship, it makes it "safe" to be vv nice to a guy (cos you assume he won't get the wrong impression as he knows you're in a relationship and therefore it can't go anywhere).[/QUOTE

good point and I agree and I might have it wrong, I know the difference between innocent flirting and when someone actually likes you. Innocent flirting is obvious and playful this is more. This girl always moves to be near me, constantly tries to angage me in conversation, always flatters me, asks the kind of questions I ask when I like a girl - whats your type, why have have u not got a girlfriend etc

as for trusting her, I'm not the jealous type, what will be will be, if someone cheats on me then thats life and the cards I've been dealt, we shouldn't have hooked up in the fist place.

I need to do something though as the tension between us is rediculous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milkshake**)
    If she says you should have a girlfriend it sounds like she wants to fix you up with someone (not her!) Sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear...
    sorry so left of centre - not the case at all!

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you ask her if she likes you more then a friend?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.