Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know this is long. If you don't like reading, you can skip to the last couple of sentences.
    And I'm not sure it's in the right forum, but didn't know where else to put it.

So lucky me, it's my birthday next monday, and I shall be 18 (hooray.)

Here is my (sort of) predicament:
    I really wanted a big party, all my friends, had a dress up theme in mind, spent hours researching places, because I've always wanted one and the few times I've tried I've ended with much less people than I invited and a lot of crap excuses, but I though this year might finally work as I do have a lot of friends who seem to want to come. But where I live anywhere that wasn't really posh and for "banquets and weddings" was booked up months ago or doesn't do 18ths.

For this and other reasons, including one of my friends organising her party on the day I'd agreed with my parents I could have mine, and also my parents just being a bit insane (they want to pay (weird) but my mother also has been trying to organise it as usual, so this leads to many arguments and me pulling my hair out) this party isn't happening. :bawling:

So I want to know what you'd do to celebrate the big 18 that is actual fun involving (preferably) many people (not all of whom are 18), considering I can't have people at my house. I don't need presents or anything, I just don't want to end up spending this birthday moping at home again because it wasn't really celebrated, I'm only going to be 18 once!

ReputationRep:
    You're only going to be 18 once, but you're going to have a birthday once a year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    You're only going to be 18 once, but you're going to have a birthday once a year.
    true, but seeing as it's seen as the big deal birthday, and the last chance i'll get to celebrate my birthday with most of my friends (before I'm off to uni) I really want to do something, instead of having another birthday I end up feeling depressed about.

ReputationRep:
    Club it is then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    Club it is then?
    can't really go anywhere that won't take under 17's or half my friends can't come

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.