Turn on thread page Beta

Mum is ruining my life because I don't want to study Biochemistry watch

ReputationRep:
    OP - i was offered a place at oxford after Alevels and i didnt take it, my parents were so annoyed. instead i went to do a dance course and i became a professional dancer in londons west end and made a good amount of money in a short period of time.
    i dont not do dance professionally now but i do not regret on singal day of it. i spent 5 years of my life doing something i loved so so what if people judge me for that.

i want to back to uni now and i feel now that i am older and more experianced in the world of work i will do so much better than the 18 year olds because i know what to expect from life. an 18year old usually only thinks thay do.
    thaking the time to do what i wanted to do made me a happier person.

i am guessing you are 18? if so you have your whole life ahead of you to go to imperial or other posh colleges and do posh degrees another time if you so please. enjoy yourself while you are young.
    if you finish your alevels and get your good grades then you always have the choice to do what you want later in life (and by later i mean when your 20 or 30).

life is not about going to the best uni and making the most money. life can be so much simpler... it can just be about enjoying yourself.

i support your choice to do the art painting thing. not because its better or more fun but because it is what you want.

ReputationRep:
    troll stop trolling

ReputationRep:
    no OP will regret not doing what she wanted. because doing something because someone else says so is stupid. doing something you dislike is also stupid.

ReputationRep:
    Troll. And if by any chance not, then I label you plain stupid.

ReputationRep:
    everyone keeps going on about going to uni because you will get a top job and earn money.

OP- there is such a thing as a top job and big money in theatre make up (believe me i have worked in theatre).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.