Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, one of my friends said that st georges has a very high proportion of asian/other ethnic groups then most med schools (this might be true or he may be talkin out of his a** like he normally does), it doesnt make a differance to me its just that Ive been readin about Sgul for ages and i never heard this, but if its true just curious whats the reason.

ReputationRep:
    SGUL is quite ethnically diverse. Lots of people from all over the place. Not sure how true this is compared to other medical schools, but from what i've seen, i think london medical schools tend to have a higher proportion of people from different ethnic backgrounds. No idea why, but london genrally does have the highest "Regional distribution of the minority ethnic population", so maybe the same is true for its HE insitiutions? In all honesty, no idea :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izz_1616)
    SGUL is quite ethnically diverse. Lots of people from all over the place. Not sure how true this is compared to other medical schools, but from what i've seen, i think london medical schools tend to have a higher proportion of people from different ethnic backgrounds. No idea why, but london genrally does have the highest "Regional distribution of the minority ethnic population", so maybe the same is true for its HE insitiutions? In all honesty, no idea :confused:
    Hey just curious what their Biomedical degree is like? I want to apply as a mature student but don't have the typical requirements

ReputationRep:
    I think that is true , but most London med schools, in fact, most med schools in the UK have a wide range of people on their courses.

ReputationRep:
    It's based in Tooting in South West London, an area that's ethnically very diverse so it makes sense that the hospital and university reflects this, I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    I think it is kind of true to an extent. There is a higher proportion at SGUL than UCL or Imperial I reckon. I think it's also true of Barts. Both med schools reflect their area. Are you worried about it being a bit segregated? I think it'd be the same at any med school really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izz_1616)
    It's because lots of the asians aren't allowed to leave home.

ReputationRep:
    South London isn't diverse. It's the opposite, it's full of asians.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greatmonte)
    Hi, one of my friends said that st georges has a very high proportion of asian/other ethnic groups then most med schools (this might be true or he may be talkin out of his a** like he normally does), it doesnt make a differance to me its just that Ive been readin about Sgul for ages and i never heard this, but if its true just curious whats the reason.
    If you look at the Independant's Uni Guide video they got the whitest rah possible to speak :lol:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.