Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Drinking to get too sleep Watch

ReputationRep:
    Went through a period of 2 hours sleep per night for 2 months and I regularly suffer from insomnia. Drunk a few nights to help me sleep but it's not a good long term solution at all. You need to work out why you aren't sleeping and try and find a solution. Have you only tried Kalms? They obviously don't work well for you.

(Original post by hannah_dru)
    Went through a period of 2 hours sleep per night for 2 months and I regularly suffer from insomnia. Drunk a few nights to help me sleep but it's not a good long term solution at all. You need to work out why you aren't sleeping and try and find a solution. Have you only tried Kalms? They obviously don't work well for you.
    I think its because last summer I was on chemo, and I would vomit through all the night and get headaches so couldn't sleep. And now I seem to just not be able to sleep at night. Even if I miss a nights sleep and don't sleep in the day I won't sleep until 4am the next night.

I tried 1 or 2 others but there the only one I could argue have any effect at all, they do make my eyes feel heavy but its enough.

Can I ask how you managed to solve it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)
    I think its because last summer I was on chemo, and I would vomit through all the night and get headaches so couldn't sleep. And now I seem to just not be able to sleep at night. Even if I miss a nights sleep and don't sleep in the day I won't sleep until 4am the next night.

I tried 1 or 2 others but there the only one I could argue have any effect at all, they do make my eyes feel heavy but its enough.

Can I ask how you managed to solve it?
    So its like a routine thing that set in? I think they're the worst to get out of. I think the best thing to do is to keep trying different things until something clicks.

For me, the 2 hours sleep was mainly caused by someone constantly bugging me and they stopped. I also had issues with the bed and the noise levels and I do still have bouts of it, particularly on Sundays so it'll last a whole week. I basically tried everything until I found that doing a lot in the day, meditation at night and/or Boots sleepeaze with a few herbal tablets if I still can't sleep works.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.