Turn on thread page Beta

Best DJ in the world? - Opinions. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Productions aside, who do you think its the best DJ in the world?

In terms of showmanship, talent on the decks, energy & what's in their record boxes.

Sander Van Doorn's sets always blow me away!

&

Eddie Halliwell is a absolute wizard with the decks too.

Those two, for me.

Your thoughts and opinions....... :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Skratch Bastid, for sheer scratching skillz

ReputationRep:
    DJ Premier

ReputationRep:
    On pure technical skills James Zabiela is the best around at the minute I think. Halliwell is not far behind with his skills, but he tends to overdo it a bit sometimes. Eddie has amazing charisma and energy though. Don't think I could pick one as the best in the world, but it wouldn't be Armin or Tiesto like a lot of people think.

ReputationRep:
    DJ Rupture

ReputationRep:
    Fat boy slim but I'm not even going to pretend I know any more than 3 other DJs.

ReputationRep:
    My brother!

http://www.sp-e.co.uk/

ReputationRep:
    Ferry Corsten is pretty up there for me. But before him it was tiesto so i'm not going to pretend i have awesome dj knowledge. Tiesto was a bit disappointing in Amsterdam whereas Ferry Corsten was really good both times i've seen him, especially in glasgow. I was knackered by the time he came off.

:ninja:

Danny bond

:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    paul okenfold!

Wirless 2009....iv never been so sweaty..PAAA!

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to put a good word in for Jaguar Skills :3

ReputationRep:
    Collectively:

ReputationRep:
    DJ Campbell

ReputationRep:
    Westwood.

ReputationRep:
    The best DJ i've seen is Eddie Halliwell for his skills behind the decks.....Ilogik is not far behind him in my view.

ReputationRep:
    Jeff Mills is without a doubt the most skillful DJ I've ever seen. He's an absolute genius.

ReputationRep:
    Alan Titchmarsh

ReputationRep:
    Eddie Halliwell from what i hear is the boy

from who i have seen, Erol alkan or the loose cannons

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why people care about DJing so much. The production of amazing electronic music is much more interesting to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by White Noise)
    I don't understand why people care about DJing so much. The production of amazing electronic music is much more interesting to me.
    Alot of DJs are boring, just putting some decent dance tunes onto some turntables and rocking their head for a few minutes. Really talented DJ's are amazing to watch and listen to, there's a real art in making records flow together and setting a good mood.

Im not sure if they're what'd be called the best DJ's in the world, but I saw Scratch Perverts a couple of years ago, they were really fun to watch.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.