Turn on thread page Beta

Best DJ in the world? - Opinions. watch

ReputationRep:
    Skrillex! :P

ReputationRep:
    Why are people saying Eddie for ? He hasn't been any good for at least 2/3 years, saw him a couple of weeks ago and he was rubbish again. Once he stops living of his past success and starts putting together decent sets again I think people will keep away from him.

I prefer the swedish sound-Angello, Axwell, Ingrosso, Dahlback, Prydz, an21 and the adopted swede Laidback Luke! Eric is probably the best but he has got such a dark sound and looks a bit boring standing there with his hat on. I enjoy seeing the mafia the most they have amazing energy and always get the place going!

ReputationRep:
    Fatboy Slim or DJ Cut Killer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffinz)
    I'd like to put a good word in for Jaguar Skills :3
    Word.

Jag is amazing, not the best in the world, but certainly someone worth paying good money to see. His ability to mix and drop tunes is brilliant, Ive never seen better.

ATB was very good when I saw him live too, apparently hes the 5th best DJ in the world......

ReputationRep:
    Right about now it's a toss up between; DJ Oneman & Jackmaster. Get to knooow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by White Noise)
    I don't understand why people care about DJing so much. The production of amazing electronic music is much more interesting to me.
    DJing is just as skillful and artistic as production is. It's not just about mixing two tracks together... its modifying the tunes accordingly in a live set via volume controls, loops, trebles, cues etc. It's also about engaging with the crowd to make it an all together electric atmosphere...

...being a true trance head at heart, there is nothing better for me.. than looking at the lasers with my hands in the air..seeing the DJ with his hands in the air as well as everybody else - really gives a sense of belonging and warmth, their is no better feeling for me. When you see DJ with no passion or energy, but just sheer arrogance, it has an effect on the whole crowd - we want to see our idols (the dj's) partying like a normal person, like one of us.. so that we feel we can relate to them.

Being a DJ is about reading the crowd and understanding the vibe, knowing when to drop THAT track, knowing when to cut THAT bass..

I agree, the production side of it really fascinates me too.. but I would have started a thread related to that side of things if that's the discussion I was after. DJ's have the power to make your night fantastic, or make your night mediocre. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ELN)
    Why are people saying Eddie for ? He hasn't been any good for at least 2/3 years, saw him a couple of weeks ago and he was rubbish again. Once he stops living of his past success and starts putting together decent sets again I think people will keep away from him.

I prefer the swedish sound-Angello, Axwell, Ingrosso, Dahlback, Prydz, an21 and the adopted swede Laidback Luke! Eric is probably the best but he has got such a dark sound and looks a bit boring standing there with his hat on. I enjoy seeing the mafia the most they have amazing energy and always get the place going!
    The SHM sound is brilliant, you should check out the toolroom boys if thats your kinda scene..

It's a bit more underground progressive/tribal/tech house than SHM and Pryda but its really groovy stuff..

Mark Knight
    Funkagenda
    Dave Spoon

Unbelievably groovy stuff! You are probably already aware of this lots though, so excuse me if I seem patronising lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BraNNers18)
    The SHM sound is brilliant, you should check out the toolroom boys if thats your kinda scene..

It's a bit more underground progressive/tribal/tech house than SHM and Pryda but its really groovy stuff..

Mark Knight
    Funkagenda
    Dave Spoon

Unbelievably groovy stuff! You are probably already aware of this lots though, so excuse me if I seem patronising lol!
    Yeah I i Like the toolroom stuff, i'm sure Guetta released Grrrr on the toolroom label aswell.

I've seen Funkagenda and Kim Fai as part of a Toolroom Knight event, it was quite good but it was the weekend after seeing Prydz and Dahlback at Digital so it didn't seem as good in comparison to that!

You don't by any chance know this accapella ?

Been trying to find that version since the Ax meistro dropped it, but no luck!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.