Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    If the BNP were to change their name to something more 'democratic'(i.e British Democratic Party or something like that) and were to bin this 'you're not British, you're civically British because you're coloured' crap, I'm sure they'd fair a lot better.

Some of their policies aren't really that bad, and Nick Griffin, once backed by a few people instead of yelled abuse at, seems like a stronger leader than Brown, Cameron and Clegg combined. I'll admit that people like Tony Benn and George Galloway are light years ahead of all 4 combined, but Nick's not that bad when you remove your black sunglasses and look at the situation with an open mind.

Britain is becoming overcrowded, had Brown or Cameron said that, people would've probably agreed and wouldn't have called either one a racist.

When you look at their defence policies, they're pretty much identical to our friends across the pond, bar withdrawing troops from Germany and leaving NATO, which I'm all for.

Foreign policy, what's wrong with adopting a foreign policy which is in the best interests of the UK? This is exactly what the US does, yet you don't hear people calling Obama a racist do you?

Immigration, they'd like to deport every illegal immigrant, again, why is this a problem?

Look at their policies with an open mind and you'll find that they really aren't a bunch of Nazis.
    It's easy to look like a strong leader when you're under no pressure whatsoever with no expectation to get any votes, and no criticism from your own party to be heard of. Even given these conditions he's still a poor caricature of George Galloway, and that's no great thing.

Do you honestly think that people don't have a problem with US foreign policy, it's their foreign policy that's caused so many problems in the Middle East and also stifled any support for them from the EU, the only reason they don't get more criticism is because they are so powerful and no one wants to offend them. Unfortunately we aren't in the same position, we'd do well to keep our friends and not offend anyone.

As for immigration, it's a touchy subject but it is one that is now being addressed, a gung-ho approach certainly is not preferable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Komakino)
    It's easy to look like a strong leader when you're under no pressure whatsoever with no expectation to get any votes, and no criticism from your own party to be heard of. Even given these conditions he's still a poor caricature of George Galloway, and that's no great thing.
    Gorgeous George's a sainted man, the Labour Party will soon come to their senses and make him PM. Just imagine it, he'd have all of Europe on the ropes.

As for Nick's uncertainty, we'll just have to see, but at the moment he's not slipped up, he's fighting against the mainstream media and as far as I can see has won most of his battles.

Do you honestly think that people don't have a problem with US foreign policy, it's their foreign policy that's caused so many problems in the Middle East and also stifled any support for them from the EU, the only reason they don't get more criticism is because they are so powerful and no one wants to offend them. Unfortunately we aren't in the same position, we'd do well to keep our friends and not offend anyone.
    There's a difference between US foreign policy and the BNP's foreign policy, for starters, it was in the US' best interests to go into Iraq in order to make sure the oil was being traded in dollars rather than in euros. It'd probably be in the UK's best interests to make sure the oil was being traded in pounds rather than dollars or euros, but will the UK invade Iraq - of course not.

As for immigration, it's a touchy subject but it is one that is now being addressed, a gung-ho approach certainly is not preferable.
    I can guarantee you if Brown or Cameron said that immigration is a problem, and that the 2 million odd 'invisible' people in Britain today need to be deported most of the British public would agree with both of them. The problem with the BNP is that they've been hyped up as the next Nazi Party, so by agreeing with just one of their policies makes you a Nazi, it's preposterous to say the least.

ReputationRep:
    If the BNP were to change their name to something more 'democratic'(i.e British Democratic Party or something like that) and were to bin this 'you're not British, you're civically British because you're coloured' crap, I'm sure they'd fair a lot better.

Some of their policies aren't really that bad, and Nick Griffin, once backed by a few people instead of yelled abuse at, seems like a stronger leader than Brown, Cameron and Clegg combined. I'll admit that people like Tony Benn and George Galloway are light years ahead of all 4 combined, but Nick's not that bad when you remove your black sunglasses and look at the situation with an open mind.

Britain is becoming overcrowded, had Brown or Cameron said that, people would've probably agreed and wouldn't have called either one a racist.

When you look at their defence policies, they're pretty much identical to our friends across the pond, bar withdrawing troops from Germany and leaving NATO, which I'm all for.

Foreign policy, what's wrong with adopting a foreign policy which is in the best interests of the UK? This is exactly what the US does, yet you don't hear people calling Obama a racist do you?

Immigration, they'd like to deport every illegal immigrant, again, why is this a problem?

Look at their policies with an open mind and you'll find that they really aren't a bunch of Nazis.

Ignore the racism (which is central to BNP policy)

1.) anyone who has taken a level economics will tell you that protectionism=failure. And thats what the BNP are proposing. Protectionism, restriction of foriegn goods and using inefficient workers to preserve 'nationalism' might as well be called economic suicide. Getting out of the EU trading bloc also contributes to this, and as a service driven economy, with a weak manufacturing industry, doing this imo, is stupid.

2.) Withdrawing from NATO is also stupid, and other military policies advocate that they wish to leave britain defenseless, or at least very weak. We are in a poisition atm where the east will hate us for a very very long time. They hated us initially because we pretty much ****** over Palestine and other areas of the middle east, with the Sikes-Picot agreement etc, with the afghan and iraq war, bieng defensless for the next 50 years- bad idea.

3)US foriegn policy involves a number of countries, in trading, military and diplomatic terms. The UK hasnt got the prestige of the US, but it needs to maintain its diplomatic ties.

4) Not all illegal immigrants are bad, a lot do the work that british nationals are done. They also do it at low wages, helping to drive up firm profits=business taxes= circulation of wealth. Its a nice ideal to eradicate illegal immigrants, but in economics terms there are various market failures. Sure, restrict the borders, find out those who are cheating the system or posing a threat, and deport them. ALL of them.,.....well thats subjective so.

From what ive seen Griffins policies are race-centered. He blames immigrants for 'stealing' jobs (those which are extremely low paid and intensive labour), Muslims for 'eradicating british values' (though the same could be said about hooliganism and rowdy behaviour through intoxication most friday nights etc) and the 'liberal elite' for not caring about the indigenous population. He fails to see that the product of a recession and poverty has side effects which hit the working class the most, mainly because he himself, has never lived in poverty before. It is more the fact that his party is shady, while one rep may make an eleoquent speech on the positive points of the BNP, you then have mark collett referring to ashley cole (who, while an ass of a man, is a very good footballer) in animal noises. These are the people who will eventually take over the party, scarily enough.

So no, I dont trust the BNP, not until they start being sensible and become a party FOR THE PEOPLE not For White Britons only.

ReputationRep:
    Gorgeous George's a sainted man, the Labour Party will soon come to their senses and make him PM. Just imagine it, he'd have all of Europe on the ropes.

As for Nick's uncertainty, we'll just have to see, but at the moment he's not slipped up, he's fighting against the mainstream media and as far as I can see has won most of his battles.

There's a difference between US foreign policy and the BNP's foreign policy, for starters, it was in the US' best interests to go into Iraq in order to make sure the oil was being traded in dollars rather than in euros. It'd probably be in the UK's best interests to make sure the oil was being traded in pounds rather than dollars or euros, but will the UK invade Iraq - of course not.

I can guarantee you if Brown or Cameron said that immigration is a problem, and that the 2 million odd 'invisible' people in Britain today need to be deported most of the British public would agree with both of them. The problem with the BNP is that they've been hyped up as the next Nazi Party, so by agreeing with just one of their policies makes you a Nazi, it's preposterous to say the least.
    Galloway does more as a political figurehead than as an MP, he's an expert rhetorician and nothing more, certainly he's no politician. Nick plays the role of the victim well, but he's not so good about revealing policy, merely hiding behind rhetoric and espousing grandiose plans.
    I've already commented on the foreign policy side.

Finally immigration is not a simple issue, for a start if we simply kicked everyone out then other countries housing our own migrants would perhaps do the same, this is why a gung-ho approach is not warranted. Secondly it's just undoable, it would be impossible without us introducing ID cards to find all of these people. What's more feasible is tightening border-checks, which more mainstream parties are discussing, I don't advocate an annual limit like the Tories, this is also unfeasible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Komakino)
    Galloway does more as a political figurehead than as an MP, he's an expert rhetorician and nothing more, certainly he's no politician. Nick plays the role of the victim well, but he's not so good about revealing policy, merely hiding behind rhetoric and espousing grandiose plans.
    I've already commented on the foreign policy side.
    I think George would make an outstanding PM, but it'll never happen.

The BNP are on the rise though and it wouldn't surprise me at all if they eventually got a foothold in British politics.

Finally immigration is not a simple issue, for a start if we simply kicked everyone out then other countries housing our own migrants would perhaps do the same, this is why a gung-ho approach is not warranted. Secondly it's just undoable, it would be impossible without us introducing ID cards to find all of these people. What's more feasible is tightening border-checks, which more mainstream parties are discussing, I don't advocate an annual limit like the Tories, this is also unfeasible.
    These immigrants are coming to the UK for a reason, in search of a better life, why on earth would someone from the UK go to their country?

Why do you oppose ID cards?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammydodge)
    Are you implying that a multicutrual Britain is somewhat wrong?
    When were they given a vote on the demography of the country?

My feelings on multiculturalism are irrelevant to the thread.

ReputationRep:
    I think George would make an outstanding PM
    I strongly disagree.

These immigrants are coming to the UK for a reason, in search of a better life, why on earth would someone from the UK go to their country?

Why do you oppose ID cards?
    Not their country, but any country. If we act rashly to just close our borders then the US, Canada, France, etc. will see no reason not to do the same and we have a lot of migrants over there.

I oppose ID cards because it's an unnecessary acquisition and retention of personal information, I don't see why anyone needs this information about me unless I get a criminal conviction. Further this personal information will be placed in the middle of a huge meta-database which can be shared with different organizations; unlike other countries in the EU which already have ID cards, there will be no legal restriction on information sharing for this data.
    I'm a private person, I believe there should be a division between the obligation of citizens as subjects within society and as individuals, but this database would minimize that gap.

ReputationRep:
    id cards will also cost a staggering £18 billion pounds to introduce plus at least £5 billion to run each year

the £18billion is higher than the combined budgets of the Law Offices department, the Northern Ireland Office, the Trade and Industry department, the Culture, Media and Sport department, the Ministry of Justice, the International Development department, the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs department and the Foreign Office. so to implement a widely unpopulated and unwanted scheme the government plan to spend more than the combine budgets of 8, count them 8, government departments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samatkins)
    id cards will also cost a staggering £18 billion pounds to introduce plus at least £5 billion to run each year

the £18billion is higher than the combined budgets of the Law Offices department, the Northern Ireland Office, the Trade and Industry department, the Culture, Media and Sport department, the Ministry of Justice, the International Development department, the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs department and the Foreign Office. so to implement a widely unpopulated and unwanted scheme the government plan to spend more than the combine budgets of 8, count them 8, government departments.
    How the government can even consider spending money on unnecessary security measures, and that goes for renewing Trident too, when we're looking at a substantial cutting of public services, is completely beyond me.

ReputationRep:
    After reading through the policies in the OP (Which obviously exclude the racist ones), I have come to the conclusion that the BNP are an even bigger joke then I first thought.

Sure, there are some agreeable policies, but many of them are just plain retarded. Obviously if you add the racist ones in its just crazy that anyone would vote for them. It amazes me that Nick Griffen went to Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    BNP ... they're not racist... protecting 'indigenous' British while shooing foreigners.
    You pretty much demonstrate your own ignorance here. To suggest that an Asian guy who has lived in Britain all his life and is 10 years older than you deserves to have fewer advantages is absolutely despicable.

What I think is terrible about their immigration policy is that they have no problem with Americans, Australians and White South Africans 'stealing our jobs' because they're 'like us', but everyone else can **** off. And then they claim not to only like white people. Complete hypocrisy.

Also don't support them because they have no political knowledge whatsoever and run a pretty shoddy show at HQ as far as I know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    Education
    - The teaching of old-fashioned literacy skills (as opposed to clearly failed “modern” teaching methods);
    I have to agree this would certainly help the OP. 'Modern' teaching methods have clearly failed them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsalondonthing)
    You pretty much demonstrate your own ignorance here. To suggest that an Asian guy who has lived in Britain all his life and is 10 years older than you deserves to have fewer advantages is absolutely despicable.

What I think is terrible about their immigration policy is that they have no problem with Americans, Australians and White South Africans 'stealing our jobs' because they're 'like us', but everyone else can **** off. And then they claim not to only like white people. Complete hypocrisy.

Also don't support them because they have no political knowledge whatsoever and run a pretty shoddy show at HQ as far as I know.

Rep me if you agree with all this.
    1. I am not a BNP member.
    2. I have no issues with skin colour, only cultures.
    3. This thread is OLD don't bring back old threads from the dead.
    4. Don't ask for rep.

This goes to Quady and anyone else wishing to post on this thread. If mods see this can they please lock it.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.