The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It took them 5 months to check his qualifications? :mute:
Reply 2
HAHAHAHAHAH :rofl: What a dick!

Oxford admissions people are also just as bad, normally unis asks for GCSE and Alevel certificates as proof if you are an independent student
Wel he's an idiot but he made it a term so it's oxford that looks a bit ridiculous. Don't they ask to see certificates?
He got in? And he only really got caught because he pushed his fabrications a bit too far?

I should've tried it.
Reply 5
Are they kicking him out?

Hope not
hahaha.... what a legend.
Reply 7
The news story was published first here, and in more detail. He has already been sent down.
silly move. Once you have been caught lying on your CV it haunts you for your entire career.
I know of a doctor who slightly fibbed a few insignificant bits on his CV ended up getting suspecded from practicing for 6 months.
Why lie? I don't know I'd feel guilty, plus I would feel like I didn't deserve the place anyway as I didn't get there through any of my own merits.

I would've thought they'd have asked to see his certificates?
Wow... that's ridiculous! Imagine, if he'd been more realistic he might not have been found out at all...
tbh, if he made it through admissions tests and interviews then he deserves to be there still
Interesting. So if if he said he achieved 4 or 5 A's it wouldn't have been suspicious?
Reply 13
Haha, what? 10 As at A-Level...?! No one gets that! If you're going to lie, at least make it something vaguely credible. Like 4 or 5.
Haha what a legend
Reply 15
Be pretty funny, I wouldn't mind same college rejected me :p:
(edited 3 years ago)
I know a medic in my year who lied about what grade he got in his previous degree, boosting it to a 2:1. He got away with it up until third year (last year), when he ended up confessing all to his tutor in an emotional outburst. If he hadn't told his tutor, I don't think anyone would have found out.
Reply 17
Apparently, he only got found out because his tutor called his old school, lol.
Reply 18
Oxford is a real winner at picking candidates :awesome:
Reply 19
_Fleur_
Haha, what? 10 As at A-Level...?! No one gets that! If you're going to lie, at least make it something vaguely credible. Like 4 or 5.

Some people do. I fancy quite a number would if they only bothered to take so many.

Latest

Trending

Trending