Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Oxford is a real winner at picking candidates :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Fleur_)
    Haha, what? 10 As at A-Level...?! No one gets that! If you're going to lie, at least make it something vaguely credible. Like 4 or 5.
    Some people do. I fancy quite a number would if they only bothered to take so many.

ReputationRep:
    Fair play to the guy! :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BJack)
    Some people do. I fancy quite a number would if they only bothered to take so many.
    Haha, fair enough. Bloody hell, 21 As at A-Level over 2 years? That's insane. Point still stands, though. If he'd maybe said 4 or 5 instead then of 10 he'd have been more likely to get away with it.

ReputationRep:
    lmao thats amazing - good on him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wild_Precious_Life)
    I know a medic in my year who lied about what grade he got in his previous degree, boosting it to a 2:1. He got away with it up until third year (last year), when he ended up confessing all to his tutor in an emotional outburst. If he hadn't told his tutor, I don't think anyone would have found out.
    Really?

What a fool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sephirona)
    Interesting. So if if he said he achieved 4 or 5 A's it wouldn't have been suspicious?
    :rofl: fair point

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    Are they kicking him out?

Hope not
    Why do you hope not? The douchebag only got AAA, like thousands of other applicants who apply every year and are rejected.

Ah well, he had to take TWO gap years just to get AAA, so it is likely he will fail his degree in the end anyway.

ReputationRep:
    What was the point? He had three A grades so after that they only really care about interview/admissions tests (I thought).

ReputationRep:
    What a tool.

Imagine if he had got away with it and came out with a degree at Oxford, oh my word!

ReputationRep:
    Legend. This man has the balls! hahaa i wouldn't dream of it to be honest

ReputationRep:
    Guess I should start packing..
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    :facepalm: what an idiot lol

ReputationRep:
    Stupid ********. 10?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wild_Precious_Life)
    I know a medic in my year who lied about what grade he got in his previous degree, boosting it to a 2:1. He got away with it up until third year (last year), when he ended up confessing all to his tutor in an emotional outburst. If he hadn't told his tutor, I don't think anyone would have found out.
    What is your friend doing now then?

Did he/she get kicked out?

ReputationRep:
    He almost got away with it, he just went a bit too far with the lies.

So he originally got BBB and his school's response was:

We advised him not to apply to university immediately, as frankly his grades were too poor
    :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    , its brilliant! showing the best can be a bit naive and have failings too!

ReputationRep:
    Gosh.
    I'm upset not getting in, and not putting anything on my PS that couldn't be verified on pieces of paper. (ie.official documentation)
    He deserves to be there if he got through the TSA and interview, but he should just have said he got 3 As.
    Can't blame him though, he must really have wanted to get there. :/

ReputationRep:
    Haha legend. He didn't even do it subtly. They should just let him stay.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.