Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    At least he can tell his employers he studied at Oxford. Not bad!

ReputationRep:
    I did the same thing, but not deliberately.

I declared my 3 GCSE short courses as full courses accidentally, after accepting an unconditional offer etc.

The panic took over and i had to let the admissions officer know, now I'm finding out if i can still get in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    I bet he was a member of this forum.
    Lying about grades is pretty common here, I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by intellectual1)
    If he was at Cambridge would this have been detected? Since Cambridge ask for individual UMS score break down in the application... Oxford only seem to ask for the overall grade(s)...

Does this mean admission to Oxford is easier than Cambridge?
    No way... Cambridge sucks compared to oxford :/

ReputationRep:
    Well he most likely would have failed or got kicked out anyway. As the artice MSB posted says he was struggling and other students started to notice it to. He only attended around four out of eight tutorials and made up excuses for not attending. That was what made the teachers suspicious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llamageddon)
    Lying about grades is pretty common here, I guess.
    Way to ruin the joke. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Good on him. If only I'd had the nous to do that. (And had more nous than him by giving false, and therefore uncontactable, college contact details.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Fleur_)
    Haha, what? 10 As at A-Level...?! No one gets that! If you're going to lie, at least make it something vaguely credible. Like 4 or 5.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aura1947)
    It's a shame he got a B in Chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    This fool was also fraudulently running this website.

http://www.sucedo.com/products/tsa/

I've just apprised The Times of the situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kreuzuerk)
    This fool was also fraudulently running this website.

http://www.sucedo.com/products/tsa/
    how do u know this? loool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rai)
    I did the same thing, but not deliberately.

I declared my 3 GCSE short courses as full courses accidentally, after accepting an unconditional offer etc.

The panic took over and i had to let the admissions officer know, now I'm finding out if i can still get in.
    Yeah, that's exactly the same thing... :eyebrow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinru)
    how do u know this? loool
    He ran the PPE question and answer seminar thing, remember?

Hello,

I hope that you are well.

My name is Parmbir Gill and I shall be hosting the Thinking Skills Assessment (TSA) Q&A seminar for Sucedo tomorrow afternoon at 5pm. Just to explain how it shall all work - you shall be sent login details to the site's conferencing facilities at 5pm via e-mail, after which the Q&A session shall begin promptly at 5:15pm and finish towards 5:45pm. Questions can be asked either via voice-to-voice (through a local-rate 020 telephone number or through a plugged-in computer microphone) and text formats.

Whilst there shall be ample time during the session itself to put forward to me any questions you may have regarding the TSA itself or your application to Oxbridge, if you have a query currently, please do feel free to e-mail me this in advance of the session, and I shall proceed to open the Q&A session with my answer to this (i.e. before we move onto in-session question requests).

I look forward to meeting you tomorrow.

Best Wishes,

Parmbir.

I pity anyone who actually paid for that ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jismith1989)
    Good on him. If only I'd had the nous to do that. (And had more nous than him by giving false, and therefore uncontactable, college contact details.)
    And false, uncontactable examination boards?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kreuzuerk)
    He ran the PPE question and answer seminar thing, remember?

Hello,

I hope that you are well.

My name is Parmbir Gill and I shall be hosting the Thinking Skills Assessment (TSA) Q&A seminar for Sucedo tomorrow afternoon at 5pm. Just to explain how it shall all work - you shall be sent login details to the site's conferencing facilities at 5pm via e-mail, after which the Q&A session shall begin promptly at 5:15pm and finish towards 5:45pm. Questions can be asked either via voice-to-voice (through a local-rate 020 telephone number or through a plugged-in computer microphone) and text formats.

Whilst there shall be ample time during the session itself to put forward to me any questions you may have regarding the TSA itself or your application to Oxbridge, if you have a query currently, please do feel free to e-mail me this in advance of the session, and I shall proceed to open the Q&A session with my answer to this (i.e. before we move onto in-session question requests).

I look forward to meeting you tomorrow.

Best Wishes,

Parmbir.

I pity anyone who actually paid for that ****.
    loool thanks for this

ReputationRep:
    Legend in the making :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Won't the admissions office check his original certificates? :O

ReputationRep:
    lol what a joke :P
    They probably noticed it in his academic abilities and thought...mhm something smells wrong :P mwahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wild_Precious_Life)
    I know a medic in my year who lied about what grade he got in his previous degree, boosting it to a 2:1. He got away with it up until third year (last year), when he ended up confessing all to his tutor in an emotional outburst. If he hadn't told his tutor, I don't think anyone would have found out.
    Wow, how many people do you think have lied about their grades to get into uni? I wouldn't be able to, I'd always be worried someone would find me out, and the guilt would be horrible.

ReputationRep:
    It is worrying how he could have potentially graduated from the countries top university if he was slightly less deceitful.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.