Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    S'ok

I'm just lol'ing at this stupid comment on the article:

"A levels are so very easy these days that it is quite reasonable to accept that a student had passed 10 of them....
    - Samantha, OAustralia, 29/1/2010 15:02"

Firstly, she's from Australia, so how the **** does she know what studying for an A Level is like?

Second, depending on her state of education, of course someone with a first from a brilliant university is going to find A Levels easy - it's all relative.

Third, she's a complete **** that she doesn't realise passing an A Level means getting a C or better. She's so ******* ignorant that she doesn't even know the grading system here, yet still comments on A Levels.

Fourth, a A Level in Media Studies, yes. An A Level in Further Maths - certainly not. I refuse to be tarred with the brush that A Levels are easy when I did Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry etc. which are supposed to be the hardest A Levels.

She deserves a punch in the face.
    For me, my a-levels were probably just as difficult as my degree. I was in school more time, that's for sure.

ReputationRep:
    That's my old secondary school, it wouldn't surprise me that they made comments like that! I didn't stay there for A-levels partly because the choice was pretty poor. I'm fairly sure that they didn't even offer some of those subjects, English Language for one.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, they should have checked. Anyone claiming to have 10 A grades at A level would immediately sound alarm bells, even if they don't check every applicant :erm: Shame on him for lying but more shame on the college for not realising for about 5 months...

ReputationRep:
    lmao who's the funny rep crew

ReputationRep:
    Theyve already accepted him, they should let him stay and continue is degree, but what a ****, if youre gonna lie at least make it reasonable.... 10 A levels :wtf:

ReputationRep:
    Heeeey that guy took the same things I took at A-Level... :eek:

and an A in R.S shouldn't have been too difficult first time round... I like it when Oxbridge get owned

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsukuyomi)
    Theyve already accepted him, they should let him stay and continue is degree, but what a ****, if youre gonna lie at least make it reasonable.... 10 A levels :wtf:
    Well they got fooled at first. I wonder if there do exist some people doing 10 A-levels. Besides he applied at 21 so he had ~6 to accomplish the feat.

ReputationRep:
    I lived next door to the culprit last term. He must have been finding it tough as he spent all of his day doing work in his room.

I miss this guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    Are they kicking him out?

Hope not
    He is still causing bother at the Union; after being expelled he turned up and then couldn't be removed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeanK22)
    He is still causing bother at the Union; after being expelled he turned up and then couldn't be removed.
    When was that?

ReputationRep:
    Where does this guy live? Oxford?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MSB)
    When was that?
    Last thursday or friday.

:ditto:
    Dunno how he got past the admission checks, especially with 10 A levels and 14A*s... Did he make fake certificates or what...?

Still, he got caught and can't apply to uni through ucas anymore... what a fool :p:

ReputationRep:
    Last thursday or friday.
    I was there last Thursday and didn't see any drama, but, even so, that's pretty funny.

ReputationRep:
    he seems genuine
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-A-levels.html

ReputationRep:
    I lived next door to the culprit last term. He must have been finding it tough as he spent all of his day doing work in his room.

I miss this guy.
    What was he like.. his character?

ReputationRep:
    10 a-levels lmfao. I wish i'd thought of it in a less exaggerated form, maybe st andrews would have accepted me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chronic_fatigue)
    he seems genuine
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-A-levels.html
    **** me 22 a levels... still a waste of time

Is it even possible to do 10 A-Levels? I mean in two years!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by algérie_mon_amour)
    Is it even possible to do 10 A-Levels? I mean in two years!
    it was meant to be 7 in 2 years i think.. depending on how he did it.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.