Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Oxford student lied about his 10 A grades watch

(Original post by Tom1390)
    What was he like.. his character?
    I don't think it is upstanding to gossip about what kind of person he was. Though I will clarify that I am not implying he was horrible - he was actually quite a pleasant neighbour.

10 A's? Couldn't he have chosen a more believable figure?

(Original post by Iamarapist)
    My friend's dad knew a guy a while ago who didn't get any A-levels (because he didn't turn up to his exams, for some reason) and he told Bristol he got AAA. He was accepted on to their computer science degree and ended up graduating with a first.
    This sounds like an urban myth to me, I'm pretty sure that UCAS verify all the A'level qualifications entered on the UCAS form with the exam board, on behalf of the university. You can't just say you've got high grades when you haven't, otherwise everyone would just say they had 5 A's ... resulting in the whole system crashing down.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.