Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm so scared about university. watch

ReputationRep:
    Change is unavoidable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phobia27)
    Sheffield generally has that effect on people
    Hahaha, it does, I absolutely love it here, I'm soooo glad I cancelled my London offers and called UCAS to tell them to firm Sheffield instead of what I'd firmed before.

(Original post by graemematt)
    Must miss the weather a bit though, no?
    Hahaha, just a bit. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patientology)
    No.
    But nice try.
    You are seriously suggesting you were not a little frightened of going - because if so you must be the first person I have met who wasnt!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollymustard)
    You are seriously suggesting you were not a little frightened of going - because if so you must be the first person I have met who wasnt!
    Theres always a first time. Maybe its because I went to sixth-form abroad for two years. I don't feel home at home and I was sort of relieved when I finally went to Uni- If there were any emotions at all. Life goes on^^

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Hi, sorry everyone for not replying and thanks everyone for posting,
    i guess i just keep thinking, why do things have to change? Why can't i stay here and my boyfriend stay at his and things carry on as they are? I know it probably could work long distance but i think why should it have to when things are great as they are.
    If i took a gap year my mum would force me to get a full time job, and if i couldn't find one she'd moan at me every day; it seems all my family are more excited about primary teaching and uni than me. I suppose i gap year would be 'putting it off' but i was hoping i'd feel more ready next year?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, can I ask how this all turned out for you?

I'm so scared of going to uni as I have trust issues and struggle to talk to new people. Got any ideas to help. Despite this looking forward to uni x

(Original post by wrenage)
    This is what i'm scared of:
    1)Moving out
    2)Me and my boyfriend going to seperate unis
    3)Everything being completely different (i don't like change)
    4)The Primary Teaching Degree being too hard/demanding,
    Seeing as i'm finding A-Levels hard now
    5)Missing my boyfriend/mum.

Anyone have advice?

Everytime i think of uni i just feel sick, everyone is so excited about the opportunity but i just can't get excited, even when i have looked round the unis. I can't take a gap year either because my whole family think they are a waste of time.
    Do you think my worries are normal and i'll be fine; or do you think i should take a gap year?
    Perhaps have a few sessions of CBT?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.