Tattoo?? Watch

Tazzied
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
OK. want another tattoo and I was thinking of getting

'He who ask a question is a fool for five minutes he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever' written in chinese on my upper back.

I got a dagger on my lower back.

do you think that perticular proverb is kinda silly though?? I looked at alot of proverbs though its not really a 'cool proverb' this one really does fit me.

What do you think?
Ilora-Danon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I think it would make more sense to have it written in English tbh.
Toaster Leavings
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Ilora-Danon)
I think it would make more sense to have it written in English tbh.
Well it is a Chinese proverb at least. But OP, no, it sounds **** to be frank.
Dez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Why in Chinese? It's not a proverb particuarly well-associated with the country or the culture, unless you personally make that connection. If you want something written in Mandarin just for the mystique of having something written in Mandarin, perhaps you should re-evaluate why you're getting a tattoo in the first place.

I'd also suggest that you don't need a particular quote engraved into your skin in order to follow it. But that's just me.
Ilora-Danon
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Toaster Leavings)
Well it is a Chinese proverb at least. But OP, no, it sounds **** to be frank.
I kinda figured that much. :rolleyes:
CrookedLegs
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hmm that is a bit lame; if you're going for writing get a quote from a song that really means something to you.
Double Agent
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
That sounds a rediculously bad idea. Are you even chinese? And why you'd want that written across your back anyway is beyond me. But err, yeah, good luck with that.
Toaster Leavings
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Ilora-Danon)
I kinda figured that much. :rolleyes:
I say that because for some unknown reason people have tattoos in Chinese of all sorts of ****.
Broderss
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by CrookedLegs)
Hmm that is a bit lame; if you're going for writing get a quote from a song that really means something to you.
"I'm not alone" it is then.
Tazzied
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
yh I kinda figured it was.

Veni, vidi, vici Is my next choice, it means I came, I saw, I conquered. Julius Ceaser said this after winning a battle.

I got my first when I have alot of family termoil but now its over I have a new start. Is this a better idea??
Tom.
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Tazzied)
OK. want another tattoo and I was thinking of getting

'He who ask a question is a fool for five minutes he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever' written in chinese on my upper back.

I got a dagger on my lower back.

do you think that perticular proverb is kinda silly though?? I looked at alot of proverbs though its not really a 'cool proverb' this one really does fit me.

What do you think?
I personally think a proverb isn't the best subject for a tattoo. Choose a symbol that has a meaning. I have a scorpion, which means healing, and protection from the dead. It's a good place to start choosing symbolism rather than something like a proverb. It makes a good conversation starter too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (149)
27.85%
No (386)
72.15%

Watched Threads