Work Experience for Media Watch

JodehBaker
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hi,

I am considering doing a work experience placement in June but I would like to do one which relates to the media as I am doing AS Media Studies, of which i will probably carrying on to A2.

I am more into radio or film production side of media rather than journalism. Does anyone have any ideas of where i could apply ? All I can think of is the BBC but that too competitive and you need to be 18.

Thank you
Dez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Well, in short, everywhere. Competition for work experience in TV/radio is very fierce, so you really need to maximise your chances. Not to put a damper on anything, but if you're only studying AS, it's not going to bode well compared to people who already have more experience working with the media.

Of course, nobody got anywhere just by thinking "oh well", and getting on with their life. Try Sky News, Channel 4, ITV, local broadcasting houses (if you're looking in Kent, there's Maidstone Studios who broadcast Meridian news amongst other things), and so on. Google is your friend. And if you can, find something that's going to make you stand out from the crowd. Trust me, you'll need it. It really doesn't matter what you do, you just need to demonstrate that you really are the best guy to have on work experience, as you'll benefit from it the most, as they'll find you the most interesting/proactive/likable person of the lot, and so on and so forth. Be inventive, this is an industry that needs all the innovation it can lay its filthy hands on.
~ Purple Rose ~
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hospital radio
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (146)
18.27%
No (486)
60.83%
Not really bothered about them (167)
20.9%

Watched Threads