American football for dummies. Watch

Sephirona
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
In this case I am the dummy. I'm going to try for a football team and wondering whether you guys can give me tips so i won't embarass myself. I've got a lot of explosive speed, and my track coach told to try for a local so I can put the speed into practice.
ParadigmShift
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I know nothing about American football, but when I started playing rugby a year and a bit ago I went out with the same outlook; very quick and agile and all. First learn how to take the pain and tackle hard, then start making them look like lumbering fools.
Stalin
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If you have speed you'll more than likely be a receiver, aslong as you can catch the ball, so your main focus is getting into open space, catching the ball and getting it up the field. If your path is blocked, just fall to the ground, and avoid dropping(fumbling) the ball at all costs.

Other than that, don't be scared to take a hit, just learn to anticipate it.
Schmidtdude
Badges: 0
Report 8 years ago
have explosive speed is good for football because a lot of positions (on offense and defense) require you to have that burst.

first off,
how much do you know about american football?
would you prefer to throw/catch/run the ball? or tackle people?

and you dont have to worry about embarrassing yourself, just go to the tryouts, show them the explosive speed you say you have and do a couple drills. maybe try a position here or there and you'll do just fine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (57)
19.32%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (119)
40.34%
Nope, not that interesting (119)
40.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise