Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Why do black people have much greater rates of homophobia and support movements against homosexuals basic human rights than the white population?

My thought is that most have not thought about similarities between the homophobia and racism (there is as much choice as being homosexual as what skin colour you are (sorta)) , and that it is religion led, especially the involving the pentecostal church and other Christian factions (predominately black churches).

An insight to this social difference is http://www.channel4.com/programmes/batty-man which features and follows the comedian Stephen K Amos (he is gay) in discovering why the black people can't accept black gay people. Doesn't really come to any conclusions though.

This is my first post, so be kind (ish), and I've been reading this forum for awhile and I know there are an amount of race baiting or trolling but i assure you this is not. I want to hear everyone's point of view.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps because a lot of black people have been forced to believe (or seduced) in the Judaeo-centric nonsense they were brainwashed into?

ReputationRep:
    They have far higher testosterone. Mix this with their general backwardsness and voila; extreme homophobia.

ReputationRep:
    They're black. What more do you want?

Also a lot of blacks are Christian ~(going by EastEnders that is) so it is their beliefs to be homophobic.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    :toofunny: the responses so far have been ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    They have far higher testosterone. Mix this with their general backwardsness and voila; extreme homophobia.

I didn't know testosterone discriminated between men and women. :dunce:

ReputationRep:
    What the hell?

ReputationRep:
    The sad thing is you're serious; I've noticed you're very quick to point out other peoples flaws... or rather the flaws of other people in relation to their backgrounds.

ReputationRep:
    Because they experience far greater levels of discrimination.

ReputationRep:
    Many are Christian. Many originate from Africa. Christianity teaches against homosexuality and Africa has different values to Europe regarding homosexuality. Also there is more of an emphasis on masculinity and family in black communities. Gay people cannot be part of a traditional family so this is looked down upon.

ReputationRep:
    What the ****? :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    O I see, it is now racist to point out a link between the backwardness of some of the poorest people on earth and their homophobia is it? It's fairly obvious that low levels of education and understanding is going to make homophobia higher in such countries; when we were backward and uneducated there was much more homophobia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flowermaster91)
    What the phuck?
    Are you saying that Africans aren't for the most part backwards and ill educated?

ReputationRep:
    O I see, it is now racist to point out a link between the backwardness of some of the poorest people on earth and their homophobia is it? It's fairly obvious that low levels of education and understanding is going to make homophobia higher in such countries; when we were backward and uneducated there was much more homophobia.

It's funny that you don't mention the massive factor which is judeo christian education and culture? :holmes:

Is this perhaps because you are a christian? :beard:

ReputationRep:
    Are you saying that Africans aren't for the most part backwards and ill educated?
    Well being poor it is hard for them to affordeven going to school etc. etc. this arguement is old tbh :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aeolus)

I didn't know testosterone discriminated between men and women.
    No, it is higher testosterone that makes them act out against homosexuals, not less likely to be homo. It means less control over your actions. Do you not think mixing a greater lack of control with backwardsness is the reason blacks are much more homophobic?

ReputationRep:
    No, it is higher testosterone that makes them act out against homosexuals, not less likely to be homo.It means less control over your actions. Do you not think mixing a greater lack of control with backwardsness is the reason blacks are much more homophobic?

By 'backwardsness' you mean Judeo christian education and culture?

Also, lol @ testosterone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aeolus)
    It's funny that you don't mention the massive factor which is judeo christian education and culture?

Is this perhaps because you are a christian?
    Well, when we were poorly educated we interpreted Christianity in the same way. It is kind of under the 'backwardsness' part of the sentence...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Yes because they dont do things like the west they must be backwards, 'part backwards' what does that even mean?

ReputationRep:
    Well, when we were poorly educated we interpreted Christianity in the same way. It is kind of under the 'backwardsness' part of the sentence...

:rolleyes: Elipsis, you are one of the biggest jokes on this forum. Hypocritical, ill educated and bigoted in the extreme.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.