Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone.....

i got a problem, I've been searching on google for a solution but no luck, basically every time i enter my credit card details when paying for something online or when i check my natwest account and enter my bank details my laptop just stops responding

it does not crash as my music is still playing and everything looks normal on screen but when i try to move my mouse, type or press ctrl + shift + esc nothing happens just does not respond, bit like the keyboard and mouse on the laptop are disconnected - never happened before i haven't installed anything new or got new hardware or software - this problem occurs both of firefox and IE.....as far as my computer knowledge goes i have nooo idea

The laptop is a Acer 6920G - Running Windows 7 Home Premium - 4GB Ram - 250GB Hard drive - Intel core 2 duo processor T5750 , 2GHz - Nvidia GeForce 9500M - it runs windows 7 just fine

anyone got a idea what might be wrong>?

thanks in advance

Saq

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saq2k7)
    Hey everyone.....

i got a problem, I've been searching on google for a solution but no luck, basically every time i enter my credit card details when paying for something online or when i check my natwest account and enter my bank details my laptop just stops responding

it does not crash as my music is still playing and everything looks normal on screen but when i try to move my mouse, type or press ctrl + shift + esc nothing happens just does not respond, bit like the keyboard and mouse on the laptop are disconnected - never happened before i haven't installed anything new or got new hardware or software - this problem occurs both of firefox and IE.....as far as my computer knowledge goes i have nooo idea

The laptop is a Acer 6920G - Running Windows 7 Home Premium - 4GB Ram - 250GB Hard drive - Intel core 2 duo processor T5750 , 2GHz - Nvidia GeForce 9500M - it runs windows 7 just fine

anyone got a idea what might be wrong>?

thanks in advance

Saq

It's probably a software problem. make sure you have the current version or re-install firefox

ReputationRep:
    Possibly a virus which sending your bankcard information to unscrupulous people, while possibly blocking your access to the computer to stop you from stopping it? I would do a full virus scan with decent virus protection like avast home version (its free), its in my view better than Norton or McAfee and you don't have to pay for it at all. I would be looking at your bank bills to make sure nothing has be bought which shouldn't of. You should probably cancel your card and get a new one, which will have a slightly different number, stopping people using your old account details.

PS The real problem is that the chances of avast not finding anything even when there is a virus will be increased because the virus will be possibly able to 'hide' from the software, or just not allow virus protection to be installed

ReputationRep:
    It could be a virus, or it could be to do with your browser having a problem with the encrypted connection. Are you running any anti-virus software or firewall?

ReputationRep:
    is it any website where you enter your details, or just the one?

ReputationRep:
    The fist thing you should do is go to Windows Update & Install all the latest updates then try again.

If that does not work (or you have no updates to install) please download HijackThis (http://go.trendmicro.com/free-tools/...HijackThis.exe) you don't need to install it, just run it and post the results of the log file back here <-- this will allow us to analyse your registry and currently running processes for any anomaly's (don't worry no personal information is gathered in the log file)

ReputationRep:
    also, get rid of firefox and IE and get google chrome...........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cadarn)
    also, get rid of firefox and IE and get google chrome...........
    totally disagree with getting rid of firefox

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanielNewton)
    The fist thing you should do is go to Windows Update & Install all the latest updates then try again.

If that does not work (or you have no updates to install) please download HijackThis (http://go.trendmicro.com/free-tools/...HijackThis.exe) you don't need to install it, just run it and post the results of the log file back here <-- this will allow us to analyse your registry and currently running processes for any anomaly's (don't worry no personal information is gathered in the log file)
    Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
    Scan saved at 12:26:28, on 30/01/2010
    Platform: Unknown Windows (WinNT 6.01.3504)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.7600.16385)
    Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
    C:\Windows\System32\smss.exe
    C:\Windows\system32\csrss.exe
    C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe
    C:\Windows\system32\services.exe
    C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
    C:\Windows\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Trusteer\Rapport\bin\Rappo rtMgmtService.exe
    C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe
    C:\Windows\system32\vfsFPService .exe
    C:\Program Files\Acer\Acer Bio Protection\CompPtcVUI.exe
    C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\sched.exe
    C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avguard.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceSer vice.exe
    C:\Program Files\AskBarDis\bar\bin\AskServi ce.exe
    C:\Program Files\AskBarDis\bar\bin\ASKUpgra de.exe
    C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
    C:\Program Files\Acer Arcade Deluxe\HomeMedia\Kernel\DMP\CLHN Service.exe
    C:\Program Files\Acer\Empowering Technology\eDataSecurity\x86\eDS Service.exe
    C:\Program Files\Acer\Empowering Technology\Service\ETService.exe
    C:\Program Files\Xobni\XobniService.exe
    C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe
    C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
    C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Trusteer\Rapport\bin\Rappo rtService.exe
    C:\Windows\RtHDVCpl.exe
    C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.e xe
    C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPHelpe r.exe
    C:\Windows\PLFSetI.exe
    C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
    C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe
    C:\Program Files\Acer\Acer Bio Protection\PdtWzd.exe
    C:\Program Files\Acer\Empowering Technology\eDataSecurity\x86\eDS Loader.exe
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.ex e
    C:\Program Files\Acer Arcade Deluxe\Acer Arcade Deluxe\ArcadeDeluxeAgent.exe
    C:\Program Files\Acer Arcade Deluxe\Acer Arcade Deluxe\Kernel\CLML\CLMLSvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Acer Arcade Deluxe\PlayMovie\PMVService.exe
    C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avgnt.exe
    C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
    C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe
    C:\Users\Saqib\AppData\Local\Tem p\RtkBtMnt.exe
    C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe
    C:\Program Files\Acer\Acer Bio Protection\PwdBank.exe
    C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
    C:\Windows\system32\SearchIndexe r.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\EVIDEN~1\ee.exe
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
    C:\Windows\system32\SearchProtoc olHost.exe
    C:\Windows\system32\SearchFilter Host.exe
    C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvs e.exe
    C:\Users\Saqib\Downloads\HijackT his.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.uk/
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
    O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\Acro IEHelperShim.dll
    O2 - BHO: AskBar BHO - {201f27d4-3704-41d6-89c1-aa35e39143ed} - C:\Program Files\AskBarDis\bar\bin\askBar.d ll
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} - (no file)
    O2 - BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper - {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveShellExten sions.dll
    O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
    O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Ask Toolbar - {3041d03e-fd4b-44e0-b742-2d9b88305f98} - C:\Program Files\AskBarDis\bar\bin\askBar.d ll
    O3 - Toolbar: Acer eDataSecurity Management - {5CBE3B7C-1E47-477e-A7DD-396DB0476E29} - C:\Program Files\Acer\Empowering Technology\eDataSecurity\x86\eDS toolbar.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RtHDVCpl] RtHDVCpl.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.e xe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PLFSetI] C:\Windows\PLFSetI.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\NvCpl.dll,Nv Startup
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\NvMcTray.dll ,NvTaskbarInit
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZPdtWzdVitaKey MC3000] "C:\Program Files\Acer\Acer Bio Protection\PdtWzd.exe" show
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [eDataSecurity Loader] C:\Program Files\Acer\Empowering Technology\eDataSecurity\x86\eDS loader.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GrooveMonitor] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.ex e"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ArcadeDeluxeAgent] "C:\Program Files\Acer Arcade Deluxe\Acer Arcade Deluxe\ArcadeDeluxeAgent.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CLMLServer] "C:\Program Files\Acer Arcade Deluxe\Acer Arcade Deluxe\Kernel\CLML\CLMLSvc.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PlayMovie] "C:\Program Files\Acer Arcade Deluxe\PlayMovie\PMVService.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avgnt] "C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avgnt.exe" /min
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe ARM] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe "
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools Lite] "C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -autorun
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Skype] "C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /nosplash /minimized
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /autoRun (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [mctadmin] C:\Windows\System32\mctadmin.exe (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /autoRun (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\RunOnce: [mctadmin] C:\Windows\System32\mctadmin.exe (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
    O4 - Startup: OneNote 2007 Screen Clipper and Launcher.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE
    O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office12\EX CEL.EXE/3000
    O9 - Extra button: Quick-Launching Area - {10954C80-4F0F-11d3-B17C-00C0DFE39736} - C:\Program Files\Acer\Acer Bio Protection\PwdBank.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Quick-Launching Area - {10954C80-4F0F-11d3-B17C-00C0DFE39736} - C:\Program Files\Acer\Acer Bio Protection\PwdBank.exe
    O9 - Extra button: Blog This - {219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtensi on.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: &Blog This in Windows Live Writer - {219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtensi on.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office12\ON BttnIE.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office12\ON BttnIE.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office12\RE FIEBAR.DLL
    O13 - Gopher Prefix:
    O16 - DPF: {C3F79A2B-B9B4-4A66-B012-3EE46475B072} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary...t.cab56907.cab
    O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/ge...sh/swflash.cab
    O18 - Protocol: grooveLocalGWS - {88FED34C-F0CA-4636-A375-3CB6248B04CD} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveSystemServ ices.dll
    O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE 4~1.DLL
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: AWinNotifyVitaKey MC3000 - C:\Program Files\Acer\Acer Bio Protection\WinNotify.dll
    O23 - Service: Avira AntiVir Scheduler (AntiVirSchedulerService) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\sched.exe
    O23 - Service: Avira AntiVir Guard (AntiVirService) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avguard.exe
    O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceSer vice.exe
    O23 - Service: ASKService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\AskBarDis\bar\bin\AskServi ce.exe
    O23 - Service: ASKUpgrade - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\AskBarDis\bar\bin\ASKUpgra de.exe
    O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
    O23 - Service: CLHNService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Acer Arcade Deluxe\HomeMedia\Kernel\DMP\CLHN Service.exe
    O23 - Service: eDataSecurity Service - Egis Incorporated - C:\Program Files\Acer\Empowering Technology\eDataSecurity\x86\eDS Service.exe
    O23 - Service: Empowering Technology Service (ETService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Acer\Empowering Technology\Service\ETService.exe
    O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
    O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (nvsvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Rapport Management Service (RapportMgmtService) - Trusteer Ltd. - C:\Program Files\Trusteer\Rapport\bin\Rappo rtMgmtService.exe
    O23 - Service: Validity Fingerprint Service (vfsFPService) - Validity Sensors, Inc. - C:\Windows\system32\vfsFPService .exe
    O23 - Service: XobniService - Xobni Corporation - C:\Program Files\Xobni\XobniService.exe

--
    End of file - 11102 bytes

EDIT:- Thanks in advance for the replied everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsheppard11)
    is it any website where you enter your details, or just the one?
    yeah it is usually any website - sometimes maybe once in every 10 log ins it wont crash

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsim)
    It could be a virus, or it could be to do with your browser having a problem with the encrypted connection. Are you running any anti-virus software or firewall?
    I use aviva antivir

ReputationRep:
    I have had a quick look at the log file and notice your running Rapport - this is probably causing the problem, I would uninstall this and then try buying something again; Rapport basically checks that the connection between you and your bank is secure, you don't necessarily need it and my guess would be that its timing out or one of its services is crashing thus causing IE and Firefox to crash.

ReputationRep:

Running processes:
    C:\Windows\System32\smss.exe
    C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe
    C:\Windows\system32\services.exe
    C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
    C:\Windows\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Trusteer\Rapport\bin\Rappo rtMgmtService.exe
    C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe
    C:\Windows\system32\vfsFPService .exe
    C:\Program Files\Acer\Acer Bio Protection\CompPtcVUI.exe
    C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\sched.exe
    C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avguard.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceSer vice.exe
    C:\Program Files\AskBarDis\bar\bin\AskServi ce.exe
    C:\Program Files\AskBarDis\bar\bin\ASKUpgra de.exe
    C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
    C:\Program Files\Acer Arcade Deluxe\HomeMedia\Kernel\DMP\CLHN Service.exe
    C:\Program Files\Acer\Empowering Technology\eDataSecurity\x86\eDS Service.exe
    C:\Program Files\Acer\Empowering Technology\Service\ETService.exe
    C:\Program Files\Xobni\XobniService.exe
    C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe
    C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
    C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Trusteer\Rapport\bin\Rappo rtService.exe
    C:\Windows\RtHDVCpl.exe
    C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.e xe
    C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPHelpe r.exe
    C:\Windows\PLFSetI.exe
    C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
    C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe
    C:\Program Files\Acer\Acer Bio Protection\PdtWzd.exe
    C:\Program Files\Acer\Empowering Technology\eDataSecurity\x86\eDS Loader.exe
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.ex e
    C:\Program Files\Acer Arcade Deluxe\Acer Arcade Deluxe\ArcadeDeluxeAgent.exe
    C:\Program Files\Acer Arcade Deluxe\Acer Arcade Deluxe\Kernel\CLML\CLMLSvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Acer Arcade Deluxe\PlayMovie\PMVService.exe
    C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avgnt.exe
    C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
    C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe
    C:\Users\Saqib\AppData\Local\Tem p\RtkBtMnt.exe
    C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe
    C:\Program Files\Acer\Acer Bio Protection\PwdBank.exe
    C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
    C:\Windows\system32\SearchIndexe r.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\EVIDEN~1\ee.exe
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
    C:\Windows\system32\SearchProtoc olHost.exe
    C:\Windows\system32\SearchFilter Host.exe
    C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvs e.exe
    C:\Users\Saqib\Downloads\HijackT his.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.uk/
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
    O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\Acro IEHelperShim.dll
    O2 - BHO: AskBar BHO - {201f27d4-3704-41d6-89c1-aa35e39143ed} - C:\Program Files\AskBarDis\bar\bin\askBar.d ll
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} - (no file)
    O2 - BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper - {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveShellExten sions.dll
    O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
    O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Ask Toolbar - {3041d03e-fd4b-44e0-b742-2d9b88305f98} - C:\Program Files\AskBarDis\bar\bin\askBar.d ll
    O3 - Toolbar: Acer eDataSecurity Management - {5CBE3B7C-1E47-477e-A7DD-396DB0476E29} - C:\Program Files\Acer\Empowering Technology\eDataSecurity\x86\eDS toolbar.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RtHDVCpl] RtHDVCpl.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.e xe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PLFSetI] C:\Windows\PLFSetI.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\NvCpl.dll,Nv Startup
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\NvMcTray.dll ,NvTaskbarInit
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZPdtWzdVitaKey MC3000] "C:\Program Files\Acer\Acer Bio Protection\PdtWzd.exe" show
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [eDataSecurity Loader] C:\Program Files\Acer\Empowering Technology\eDataSecurity\x86\eDS loader.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GrooveMonitor] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.ex e"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ArcadeDeluxeAgent] "C:\Program Files\Acer Arcade Deluxe\Acer Arcade Deluxe\ArcadeDeluxeAgent.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CLMLServer] "C:\Program Files\Acer Arcade Deluxe\Acer Arcade Deluxe\Kernel\CLML\CLMLSvc.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PlayMovie] "C:\Program Files\Acer Arcade Deluxe\PlayMovie\PMVService.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avgnt] "C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avgnt.exe" /min
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe ARM] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe "
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools Lite] "C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -autorun
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Skype] "C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /nosplash /minimized
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /autoRun (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [mctadmin] C:\Windows\System32\mctadmin.exe (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /autoRun (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\RunOnce: [mctadmin] C:\Windows\System32\mctadmin.exe (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
    O4 - Startup: OneNote 2007 Screen Clipper and Launcher.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE
    O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office12\EX CEL.EXE/3000
    O9 - Extra button: Quick-Launching Area - {10954C80-4F0F-11d3-B17C-00C0DFE39736} - C:\Program Files\Acer\Acer Bio Protection\PwdBank.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Quick-Launching Area - {10954C80-4F0F-11d3-B17C-00C0DFE39736} - C:\Program Files\Acer\Acer Bio Protection\PwdBank.exe
    O9 - Extra button: Blog This - {219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtensi on.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: &Blog This in Windows Live Writer - {219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtensi on.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office12\ON BttnIE.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office12\ON BttnIE.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office12\RE FIEBAR.DLL
    O13 - Gopher Prefix:
    O16 - DPF: {C3F79A2B-B9B4-4A66-B012-3EE46475B072} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary...t.cab56907.cab
    O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/ge...sh/swflash.cab
    O18 - Protocol: grooveLocalGWS - {88FED34C-F0CA-4636-A375-3CB6248B04CD} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveSystemServ ices.dll
    O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE 4~1.DLL
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: AWinNotifyVitaKey MC3000 - C:\Program Files\Acer\Acer Bio Protection\WinNotify.dll
    O23 - Service: Avira AntiVir Scheduler (AntiVirSchedulerService) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\sched.exe
    O23 - Service: Avira AntiVir Guard (AntiVirService) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avguard.exe
    O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceSer vice.exe
    O23 - Service: ASKService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\AskBarDis\bar\bin\AskServi ce.exe
    O23 - Service: ASKUpgrade - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\AskBarDis\bar\bin\ASKUpgra de.exe
    O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
    O23 - Service: CLHNService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Acer Arcade Deluxe\HomeMedia\Kernel\DMP\CLHN Service.exe
    O23 - Service: eDataSecurity Service - Egis Incorporated - C:\Program Files\Acer\Empowering Technology\eDataSecurity\x86\eDS Service.exe
    O23 - Service: Empowering Technology Service (ETService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Acer\Empowering Technology\Service\ETService.exe
    O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
    O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (nvsvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Rapport Management Service (RapportMgmtService) - Trusteer Ltd. - C:\Program Files\Trusteer\Rapport\bin\Rappo rtMgmtService.exe
    O23 - Service: Validity Fingerprint Service (vfsFPService) - Validity Sensors, Inc. - C:\Windows\system32\vfsFPService .exe
    O23 - Service: XobniService - Xobni Corporation - C:\Program Files\Xobni\XobniService.exe

--
    End of file - 11102 bytes

EDIT:- Thanks in advance for the replied everyone
    you have loads of stuff there running on startup you dont need, i would remove:
    QTTask
    jushched
    reader_sl
    adobeARM
    DTlite
    onenotem (if you dont use onenote regularly)
    acer arcade deluxe, i doubt you need this starting every time you log on

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the help i uninstalled Rapport and have stop those applications from starting at start up seems to work and no crash thanks everyone

I'll let you know in a week if it is still alll goood

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.