Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THRASHx)
    Yeah, a lot of the questions were cloned. I dont know how many past papers anyone else did but I did as many as I could and the only new question was the game theory one, the rest id seen before (maybe the exception being question 8)

The profit maximising monopoly with a decrease in demand comes up every year, such an easy 4 marks.

I've done quite a few, I just don't realise during the exam, it's usually only when someone points it out!

ReputationRep:
    Just realised I got question 8 wrong

ReputationRep:
    What do you think the grade boundary will be? I'm hoping around 50/72 for an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bab)
    What do you think the grade boundary will be? I'm hoping around 50/72 for an A
    My teacher said going on past papers and like scaling it down about 51 for an A and then maybe going down in 7 marks per grade. Although cus its a new paper its hard to say but round about 50 hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    Just realised I got question 8 wrong
    question 8 was?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unamed)
    question 8 was?
    question was on price limiting and the answer was something about productive efficiency i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bab)
    question was on price limiting and the answer was something about productive efficiency i think
    really? I can't remember it! O_O

ReputationRep:
    you all discussing edexcel? my my I totally ****** up the second section. everyone do the pharmaceutical's question? I think there was one boy in my school who did the question 9 and everyone else I spoke to did the second one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n_251)
    you all discussing edexcel? my my I totally ****** up the second section. everyone do the pharmaceutical's question? I think there was one boy in my school who did the question 9 and everyone else I spoke to did the second one!
    Yep! (apparently the mods have forgotten about us/the other thread).
    Everyone except me, it seems. Even at my school, I was the only airport person, everyone else seems to like pharmaceuticals.

But, I think I did fine. The examiner's would be happy to see the few airport ones and go "oo! Lookie! An airport question! Full marks! (:p:)"

ReputationRep:
    Yep! (apparently the mods have forgotten about us/the other thread).
    Everyone except me, it seems. Even at my school, I was the only airport person, everyone else seems to like pharmaceuticals.

But, I think I did fine. The examiner's would be happy to see the few airport ones and go "oo! Lookie! An airport question! Full marks! (:p:)"
    lol that question looked good until I saw the 14 marker on the discussing the role of the comp. commission or something!

I picked the "other" question last year on unit 2 and it worked out well so I see your thinking

ReputationRep:
    question 8 was?
    Profit capping, I put A; firms would undervalue their assets. I got confused, if it said overvalue their assets I wouldve got it right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n_251)
    lol that question looked good until I saw the 14 marker on the discussing the role of the comp. commission or something!

I picked the "other" question last year on unit 2 and it worked out well so I see your thinking
    It was how important competition was in the industry (the answers were in the text and just needed to be embellished/proven)

Which one was that one? (the 2nd question, I assume)

ReputationRep:
    Profit capping, I put A; firms would undervalue their assets. I got confused, if it said overvalue their assets I wouldve got it right
    Oh, I remember that one! What was the 'right' answer, I can't remember what I put, I think it was 'D' (I nearly put A)

edit: yep, I put D, but was very close to putting A, then I couldn't explain it and got hit by a brainwave!

ReputationRep:
    It was how important competition was in the industry (the answers were in the text and just needed to be embellished/proven)

Which one was that one? (the 2nd question, I assume)
    it was the 2nd one :yes:

I came out and everyone was like, "oh the question on supply-side policies was sooo easy" and I was the only one who'd done the question on conflicts of policy I think it was...I thought it was so much easier to evaluate that sort of thing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n_251)
    it was the 2nd one :yes:

I came out and everyone was like, "oh the question on supply-side policies was sooo easy" and I was the only one who'd done the question on conflicts of policy I think it was...I thought it was so much easier to evaluate that sort of thing!
    I did the 2nd one, because I knew all the answers. Unfortunately, time wasn't with me. so, I have to resit in June.

Luckily, the time was with me this year!

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I remember that one! What was the 'right' answer, I can't remember what I put, I think it was 'D' (I nearly put A)

edit: yep, I put D, but was very close to putting A, then I couldn't explain it and got hit by a brainwave!

i put something 2 do with productive efficiency for that one

ReputationRep:

I put D, couldnt explain it and put A because I could explain it and I remembered about them *something*valuing their assets. At the time I couldnt see why theyd want to be more productively efficient, I thought theyd want to be profit maximising and that wasnt there. But yeah, only 4 marks, hopefully ill have made that up getting 4 in every other question :o:

ReputationRep:
    what was the answer to the questions where Total cost was constant between A and B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princesscolour)
    what was the answer to the questions where Total cost was constant between A and B
    Marginal costs were 0

I explained it earlier and provided a past paper question from 6 years ago which was identical to it.

ReputationRep:
    I put D, couldnt explain it and put A because I could explain it and I remembered about them *something*valuing their assets. At the time I couldnt see why theyd want to be more productively efficient, I thought theyd want to be profit maximising and that wasnt there. But yeah, only 4 marks, hopefully ill have made that up getting 4 in every other question :o:
    Looks like you did what I did - the other way around!
    I'm pretty sure that you'll do fine.. one question isn't going to make much of a difference, especially if you did well in the case study. (it's weighted more than the multiple-choice.)

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.