Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So basically I've been in love with a girl I me at Uni from the day I met her in freshers week. She lives quite far away so she's not in the group of people I regularly go out with, but I go out drinking with her in the group at least once a week and I chat her in lectures about once a week too. I always thought we had a great connection and that she 'got' me (etc), and was possibly interested given how much attention she paid me.

But...

On a bar crawl she pulled a (not very close) friend of mine, and apparently they have been 'sort of going out' for a couple of weeks now. But then she told me on facebook she was really drunk and didn't remember anything, so I don't know how serious they are (not very I think).

And to make matters more confusing, her best friend apparantly fancies me, and unfortunatly (no matter how hard I want to) I don't feel the same about her. She is hilarious and is one of the funniest people I know, but I just want to be friends (never thought I'd be on the other side saying that...).

So now I can't tell if the girl I really really like was just being nice to me because she knew her friend fancies, me, and lets be honest its pretty unlikely they both like me.

At the least I want to keep my friendship with them both going, but how can I do that without upsetting the one who likes me?

Now even if I did somehow end up with the girl I'm after, it would hurt her friend... Is there no perfect scenario?

This sounds like the exact scenario I'm in! Only I'm the girl...:rolleyes:

Keep going for the girl, while it may hurt the friend, she should get over it and be happy for her friend.

bump

ReputationRep:
    Sounds liker an episode of OC or something.

Mate, be nice, be polite, but most of all, be honest with them and yourself. Go after the one you want, let the one you don't know exactly how you feel.

People are so obsessed with not hurting friendships that they fail to realise that the reality is that everyone has different opinions and ambitions for friendships and relationships. You cant possibly maintain every friendship so why bother?

Just don't be a massive **** about it and things should be okay.

ReputationRep:
    She has the sexy times with your friend, so you go and do the same with her best friend. If she asks, tell her you can't remember anything and that you were drunk.

Two can play at this game :wink2:
    That or you can carry on chasing her whilst she's with your friend and look quite foolish at the end of it all.

Thanks for the responses.

Would it be worth spending time with the girl who fancies me incase I end up liking her too or is that leading her on? I don't really know her that well.

Maybe I should just drunkenly blurt it all out to them?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you should a grow a set?

ReputationRep:
    i love this because you used the correct shape.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.