Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Manchester U or U of Auckland, England or New Zealand? watch

ReputationRep:
    I am from France, lived here for far too long and have always wanted to go abroad.

New Zealand has always been at the top of my must-go places, however tuition fees would be very expensive, twice or three times more expensive than in Europe.. and I am just not sure about the University over there, haven't found much information other than how it doesn't have much of a student campus feel...and is quite boring?
    So if anyone knows anything about the university of Auckland that'd be great!

People from the Manchester University subforum seem to really enjoy themselves so I couldn't go wrong going there.

Both have reputed triple accredited business school so I don't really care which is better, either should be good enough.
    Although Manchester U does have much higher entry requirements, would that mean that courses, exams, are harder?

Auckland

better weather, 5th highest quality of life (!), a lot of outdoor activities at reach

Manchester

better student life (possibly), cheaper, hm...what else?

I am also wondering which country has better job prospects?
    I have read about more and more british moving to New Zealand, can't remember what the reasons were...:p:

Any suggestions, thoughts, opinions I would really appreciate

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.