Turn on thread page Beta

Revenge or letting things go...what type are you? watch

ReputationRep:
    Generally I let things go. If people act like ********, I think life will catch up with them eventually anyway without my intervention.

I think taking revenge just escalates things. I heard a quote on here once which was something like 'anger is like holding on to a piece of hot coal with the intention of throwing it at someone, in the end it's you who gets burned.'

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to make huge generalisations but I will anyways. I think girls will try and get revenge where as boys will let things slide. Just from experience anyways.

ReputationRep:
    I definitely let it go... what's the point in hanging on to ill feeling, you'll only feel bad for longer...

What goes around comes around = Karma (it just might take some time, but it will happen)

(Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism)
    Just resent them bitterly for years and years, anger corroding my insides like acid.
    I used to be like this.

Somewhat recently i've learnt that if there is no payback possible, then letting things go, or at most being openly hostile to them is the way forward.

ReputationRep:
    Forgive but never forget

ReputationRep:
    Too much energy wasted in taking revenge.
    I'd far rather let things go and use that energy in other ways.

ETA:
    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    I don't want to make huge generalisations but I will anyways. I think girls will try and get revenge where as boys will let things slide. Just from experience anyways.
    I think that there is certainly an element of truth in this in secondary school/teenage years. I don't necessarily know how applicable it is for adulthood, but I would agree - to an extent - during teenage years.

ReputationRep:
    revenge every time so much more fun!

ReputationRep:
    I just leave it. Confront people and it goes on forever. Just pretend to be happy & stick pins in your voodoo dolls.

ReputationRep:
    Revenge feels so damn good... but half the time I'm just too lazy.

ReputationRep:
    I don't go hunting for revenge, but if/when I'm asked my opinion about a person I tell the truth as I see it. This has, in the past, had some unfortunate consequences for people who have seriously 'wronged' me.

My general course of action is either to confront them and remove them from having any involvement or just sideline them until they get the message if they've been sneaky about their actions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugh-Jackman)
    Have people wronged you in the past or basically been a bit of a nob to you and you pretty much will get them back because you still hate them or you can't bare to not get them back. Or do you just let things go and leave it in the past.

I'm 50/50 if someone is sorry I will always forgive them.....if they're just a nob head and not sorry and it's the way they are...I will more than likely try and get my own back even though I full well know it's stupid and could get me in trouble...usually when I'm drunk as well.

So what type are you?
    I generally hate the idea of revenge; revenge is at the root of most of humanities problems. Having said that, if someone killed my woman or something serious like that I can’t say I’d be thinking rationally, I’d probably kill them.

ReputationRep:
    My revenge is slow forgiveness, or not forgiving at all, which in all ends the friendship for me.

ReputationRep:
    Let it go.
    It try not to blame anyone for something and try to take responsibilty myself....
    When you discriminate, it only generates and when you hate, ya bound to get irate, etc.

Most of my friends have really bad relationships with their families cuz they can't let anything go yet me and ma famille get on fine.

ReputationRep:
    A bit of both, like any normal person.

(Original post by Linweth)
    My revenge is slow forgiveness, or not forgiving at all, which in all ends the friendship for me.

Are you going to the visit day thingybob for Liverpool on the (I think) 24th? ;oo

/now going to take revenge on myself for managing to get a load of cayenne pepper up my nose. eugh.

ReputationRep:
    life is too short to be angry. whilst revenge (IMO) is understandable, it is not advisable.

(Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism)
    Just resent them bitterly for years and years, anger corroding my insides like acid.
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    I'm more of a letting go type of person, i forgive in most situations, but if it is something that i cannot forgive i will just stop talking to that person.......not get revenge.....

ReputationRep:
    It depends upon the situation, I guess.
    Probably more 'letting things go', as I just really can't be bothered to care most of the time. It's barely ever worth it.
    I just hold grudges. :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    I tend to let things go. My big brother however has a penchant for amazing acts of retribution.

He found his girlfriend had been cheating on him so smeared her rabbit in a liberal coating of tiger balm. She phoned him while we were all in the pub helping him drown his sorrows when she phoned. She invented several new swear words between the screaming and gasping. Was awesome. Everyone in the bar laughed after he turned the loudspeaker on.

Bro 1 cheating bint 0

ReputationRep:
    Oh definately revenge. It's not even the everyday type of revenge that is just momentary, it's the psychologically scarring for life type of revenge. Everybody says I come across like the joker from the dark knight when I'm angry and thinking out a revenge plot.

I'm generally a nice person and get on with people, but cross my path and I can be the single most evil form of a human being.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.