Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I have an interview in February and was wondering if there was anybody else out there who had one too as it would be fantastic to know someone before the day!

Rosie

ReputationRep:
    No one???

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I have one on the 25th! When is yours and do you know anything about the tests! and the group work! infact anything! xx

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Mine is tomorrow morning - yikes!
    I know as much as you do with regards to tests.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Ow right

Well good luck, i had one at Leeds last month and they asked loads Q's if you want to know them let me know, though to be honest i am not sure its a good idea as i think i was TOO prepared and therefore too stiff!

Good Luck xxxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    ha, I had one at Leeds last month also..what date was yours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoe_dillon)
    Hi

I have one on the 25th! When is yours and do you know anything about the tests! and the group work! infact anything! xx
    Hey, I also have an interview in the 25th! xx

ReputationRep:
    I also have an interview on the 25th! (And I also had an interview at Leeds last month, there's a trend here!)

What is everybody doing to prepare?

ReputationRep:
    Im gonna have a look over the books they recommended cos i really need to recap on basic maths and science lol iv also been looking at newspaper websites to check the latest education news.

I had an interview at Sheffield hallam last month - but i wasn't very happy with the interview process as i only got asked about 4 questions and my individual interview only lasted 5 mins!!!

How about everyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Hey

I have an interview on the 25th too! and also got interviewed at leeds in January!

I am doing very little prep, as i feel i was TOO prepared for my leeds interview, so just revising some maths and science.

I am a bit worried about these group tasks, any ideas on what they are?

what prep are you all doing?

ReputationRep:
    All I've done to prepare is to revise a little bit of maths and science (I do feel OK about it as it's multiple choice), and write down my answers to some of the questions they might ask - not so I can recite them but just by writing it down I think it's more likely to be clear in my head so that I'm not frantically searching my brain for any answer!

The group tasks (I think!) are around planning a lesson, but I think they change what the lesson is on and the year group etc each time. I've also heard that after you do the group task together you all individually have to answer a question.

I'm starting to get nervous now! My train doesn't get into York until 8.30am and I'm debating whether to walk or get a taxi as with the traffic in york I think that walking might be quicker! I really don't want to make a bad impression by being late though! I'm worried about any arbitrary thing letting me down, as I know how tough the competition is and that they have to make a decision based on something - I'm putting a lot more effort into the small details like what I wear etc this time!

ReputationRep:
    yeah i know how you feel. I hate having to rely on the train especially when it has been snowing recently (in Leeds anyway) its so stressful. At my last interview it snowed and i had to take wellies and change before i went in for my interview! lol

All we can do is try our best and be ourselves!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maz21)
    At my last interview it snowed and i had to take wellies and change before i went in for my interview! lol

All we can do is try our best and be ourselves!
    I think you must have had your last interview on/around the same date as me - I had to take walking boots and change at my interview on account of the snow! The snow's mostly melted around here today - I was not amused to wake up to it on sunday! I'm hoping it's not going to be bad weather on thursday, particularly as I'm relying on the train to be running on time!

ReputationRep:
    Hey

I am in Leeds and driving over to York tommorow and using the park and ride so if you wanted a lift i really woudlnt mind, I live in Bramley so you woudl have to get to me, I will be setting off at 7am to get there in good time!

Let me know if you want a lift, i really dont mind

Also what issues have you looked at i think my choice of jim roses reveiew went down like a led balloon at Leeds interview!...PS i also wore wellies to my interview! hahah xx

ReputationRep:
    That's so kind! I've already booked my train tickets, or I might have been tempted . My boyfriend has promised that if my train doesn't come he will drive me there (he works for himself so this would be possible, although not ideal) so that's a worry off my mind!

I talked about the new primary curriculum at my last interview and they didn't seem too impressed, I went on to talk about 1:1 tuition to try and cover myself and they seemed more interested in this. If asked I'm probably going to talk about sex education and faith schools or parental voice in education as these have both been in the news this week and I think it helps as it shows you take a general interest in education news and don't just research something... (I hope!). Or maybe Ofsted, as they were in the news a few weeks ago about how good a job they were doing, and we have an inspection coming up so its about the only thing you hear about in our staffroom these days!

ReputationRep:
    OK, well if you change your mind just let me know this eve!

I am just revising some maths and science - dear god i hope the tests are easy as my maths is pants!

Well i am blonde and called Zoe so look out of rme tomo!

xx

ReputationRep:
    how did the interviews go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misssarahlou)
    how did the interviews go?
    Mine went really well! Have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    Hey

Mine went OK, the group task was good, but the one to one i think i ballsed up!...I dont think i have enough experieince to knwo what i am talking about to be honest, so not holding out any hope but will defo reapply to York St Johns, very nice campus and very nice staff!

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Hope that for everyone that has already had an interview, it went well! Mine's on the 11th March. Just wondered if those of you have already been, what's the plan of action for the day? Are the tests hard and what type of format do they take? I'm getting a little panicked! he he!

Any help would be really good

Thanks x

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.