Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey

Its all really relaxed, dont worry too much, but all the guidance is on thier website. They only had afew places left at my interview day and talked about a waiting list!...whereby when they are full they put people on this who perfomred well at interview and will take them if people dont take up offers or drop out, not sure i like the sound of it but we will see!

x

ReputationRep:
    All the interview information can be found here. The day was really good, really enjoyable and very relaxed. I asked about the waiting list at my interview and was told that if you get put on the waiting list and don't manage to start in Sept then you automatically get a place for the following september, meaning you wouldn't have to go through the horror of interviews again! Yey! I really hope I get in - or on the waiting list - YSJ was such a lovely university and it seemed like it would be a really supportive place to do a PGCE (making a potentially daunting experience much better). But as you say Zoe, I would definitely apply again if not.

Let me know how you get on Zoe! Is it just me or does it feel like you've been waiting forever... I can't believe it hasn't even been a week!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by egalr)
    Mine went really well! Have you applied?
    glad your interview went well. I have applied but it was a late application so not hopeful for this year. Good luck to everyone for their interviews! )

ReputationRep:
    Hey

the day is really relaxed, nothing to really stress about, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your help guys I'm really looking forward to it actually, just hoping I make it the waiting list at least! The things I'm mainly worried about is the maths test and the general questions they might ask me about education in the news!

But it should be fun Also, how long roughly does the day last?

Thanks for your help and good luck, hope you get in!

x

ReputationRep:
    The day starts at 8.45am and I was finished by 1.30pm. But then I was lucky enough to have the first interview slot. The information said it would finish by 5pm, but I can't imagine that anyone was there until then.

ReputationRep:
    anyone heard!?...i am still waiting so guessing now i am just on the huge reject pile awaiting to be told! xx

ReputationRep:
    Don't say that! I've still not heard either. In my experience of interviews they tend to tell those who are unsuccessful first, although that may be partly wishful thinking! They did say two weeks.......

ReputationRep:
    I have a place! Yessssssssss!

ReputationRep:
    Well done!!! That's ace!

I am on waiting list! So we will see but yet have sent me a pack out explaining how it all works so let's hope a few people drop out!

X
    x

ReputationRep:
    i have a place, seems likea good uni! x

ReputationRep:
    I hope they have a few places left for when I go! Not hopeful though, esp if they're already putting people on the waiting list! well done to everyone who got on the waiting list and who got a place! x

ReputationRep:
    Don't forget Zoe that he said that the chances of getting on to the course with a waiting list place are high, and that you are automatically guaranteed a place for 2011 entry if you don't manage to start in September - so whatever happens you will be training to be a teacher eventually. Yey!

How did you find out you had a waiting list place? GTTR? xxx

ReputationRep:
    Thansk for that, your right - PMA! hahah

I rang York up to ask for feedback for being told on track i was unsuccessfull and she ow no your on the waiting list luv, I was so happy! hahaha

It is a weird feeling as now i know that i do have the chance of becoming a teacher, so thats great, i just want to know now so i can apply for Voluntary redundancies at work, the deadline for application is the end of this month, but i dotn want to pester the admissions team at york as they are so lovely.

Where you at the 25th interviews by the way? xxxx

ReputationRep:
    Yes I was at the 25th interviews. I didn't think I was in with a shot of getting an actual place, given how much they were pushing the waiting list places, so I was really shocked/happy when I found out. Told my headteacher today that I would be leaving so it's really hit home that I'm actually going to be starting - after three years of applications and rejections - (in quite a terrifying way if I'm honest - I'm observing teachers thinking 'can I do that? really?' lol).

It's a tricky situation a waiting list for that reason. Far far more preferable to rejection, as it means no more scary PGCE interviews! But hard being in limbo, not knowing whether you're starting in September or not. I would pester away, the admissions team will understand, and it might keep you in their mind for when someone drops out! I hope it all sorts itself out for you!

Will you be coming to the induction day in april? xxxx

ReputationRep:
    Hey

3 years of trying! - blimey thats amazing, well done you! just shows if you stick at something it happens in the end!

This is my firsty year of applying and i didnt hold out much hope, but yeah waiting list is better than a no!

I dont know about induction day, i just had an email saying your on the waiting list bla bla, no mention of that - however i did ask that on the day and the guy said yes, so maybe i shoudl ring up and ask as ill need to make plans to come i need to, unless i am at the VERY bottom of the waiting list! - no offence to York but they are pretty slow at replying to emails, takes them days sometimes weeks!

I work in an admissions office so knwo how annoying applicants can be so dont want to pester them, but i may ring them next week and shoot a load of questins at them!

I am so so pleased for you, what group tak did you get?...i wonder if you were in my group/room?

xxx

ReputationRep:
    I had the one where you had to plan a lesson after a class trip to the supermarket - we did a lesson on healthy eating and the importance of a balanced diet. I didn't have a Zoe in my group so I don't think we were in the same one, unless its a pseudonym?

ReputationRep:
    We had that task too, but spoke about culture etc

I may have spoken to you at some point though? i just hope i get a place so we can meet in september- this waiting list thing is very strange, i really dont think i will get in, Its all so so weird!

xx

ReputationRep:
    Quite possibly! I have such a rubbish memory for names! Mine is Lucy
    I personally think you've got a good chance - considering you will be at the top of the waiting list! xxx

ReputationRep:
    Hey Lucy!

hope your well...you were right about auto place for 2011 if a place doesnt become free this year! so i am chuffed about that!

I take it your going on the induction day on the 17th?

xxx

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.