Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Yes! I'm so excited! Will you be going??

I'm really pleased the auto place has been confirmed for you - so even if you don't start in September it only means more time to prepare/save some money! xxxx

ReputationRep:
    precisley!

though i woudl much prefer to get it done this cycle.

Yes i am coming to the intro day, i am quite excited too though its when you find out what you have let yourself in for i guess!

where are you travelling from? xx

ReputationRep:
    I'm travelling from Leeds, how about you? The information they gave about the day really made it hit home how much work its all going to be. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for you that you start this year - I think you're in with a good chance! xxx

ReputationRep:
    Yeah we just got the same letter which was wierd,

I am travelling form leeds too and giving another girl on the wiating list a lift, so if you want one i don tmind taking you, we are goign to do the park and ride.

let me know xx

ReputationRep:
    Ooo actually that might be nice. Where abouts in Leeds will you be going from? xxx

ReputationRep:
    Also, have you joined the 2010 facebook group? xxx

ReputationRep:
    Hi Zoe,
    I'm on the waiting list as well. I had my interview on the 11th March and was told I had a place on the waiting list. Was your interview in January? It would be great to hear from someone else on the waiting list. It seems a long time to wait. My head Teacher keeps asking me if I've heard anything yet. I've heard that 6 places have gone for LP, I'm wanting UP.
    Look forward to hearing from you.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got an interview for st johns York primary pgce on the 8th July 2010?

Leah

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Just read your message. Is your interview for starting in September 2010? I had an interview in March and am on the waiting list for 2010.
    I haven't heard anything yet. Are you applying for upper or lower primary?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leah-may)
    Has anyone got an interview for st johns York primary pgce on the 8th July 2010?

Leah
    Your lucky getting an interview so late in the day!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    have you got a place for Sept 2010? I'm on the waiting list. I don't think there will be enough places available this year. I'm wanting to do upper primary.
    Debbie

ReputationRep:
    Hi Debbie, yes I've got a place for Sept 2010 doing Upper Primary. Hopefully I'll see you in September! If not, you know you have an automatic place for September 2011 so at least you know you don't have to go through the dreaded application cycle again!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I know I won't have to go through the interview process again next year; but I really want to start this year!! A whole year seems a long time.
    Debbie

ReputationRep:
    You never know you might be lucky! I know the waiting game is tough - this was my third (and thankfully final) year of applying for a PGCE! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you xxx

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I thought if you had a place on the waiting list, then you automatically had a place the following Sept?
    I really want to go to York as I thought they were very friendly and helpful. Do you live locally, or will you be living in. I come from near Skipton, so it is quite a way.

ReputationRep:
    You do (at least at YSJ you do!) - I didn't get a place on a waiting list previous years just a straightforward rejection!
    I live in Leeds at the moment - going through a nightmare trying to offload our flat so we can move to York as we signed another years contract before I got the place. So it's touch and go whether I'll be moving or commuting! I met quite a few people on the intro day who were going to be commuting from a way away.

ReputationRep:
    I have until the end of July before the deadline for places. I don't hold much luck, but i hope I get place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by egalr)
    You do (at least at YSJ you do!) - I didn't get a place on a waiting list previous years just a straightforward rejection!
    I live in Leeds at the moment - going through a nightmare trying to offload our flat so we can move to York as we signed another years contract before I got the place. So it's touch and go whether I'll be moving or commuting! I met quite a few people on the intro day who were going to be commuting from a way away.
    You must be looking forward to starting your PGCE? I'm on the waiting list but haven't been called. This year they haven't had as many people drop out, so I will have to wait until next year. Do you know if Zoe got a place from the waiting, I noticed she had a place on it.
    Good luck for September.

ReputationRep:
    Oh rubbish - is that a definite now then? But at least you know you will be starting next year without the hassle of interviews again! And it's another year to prepare yourself - I'm so excited but really quite terrified at the same time lol. I keep being told horror stories about how hard it is which isn't helping very much! I did manage to get someone to take over our contract on our flat so we can move to York though which is great, one less thing to worry about but it's all getting a bit too real now! I don't know about Zoe, I haven't heard from her.
    I'll keep you posted about the ins and outs of the course so you know what you're getting yourself into!

ReputationRep:
    They said up to the end of July we will be notified of any places!!
    People have said to me that the PGCE is one of the hardest courses, but if you want to teach- it's not a full year is it.
    You must be glad that you don't have to travel from Leeds. Keep me informed of how the course is going (I know you wont have much time) and what the lectures are like.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.