Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, on my disability report it states that when i am using my dictaphone, i would find it beneficial to turn the speech into text.

I have no idea how to do this! Do any of you who use dictaphones do this and is it difficult? I have read and re-read the instruction book, but cannot find out how to do this?

I would really appreciate any advice, as i have to tape a counselling session and analyse the recording. This would be much easier if i could could print-off and read all that was said. Thanks alot.

ReputationRep:
    Did you not have some IT training and told / shown how to do it?

ReputationRep:
    I have a dictaphone and dragon naturally speaking, but it will only turn my speech into text, not anyone else's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypocriticaljap)
    I have a dictaphone and dragon naturally speaking, but it will only turn my speech into text, not anyone else's.
    You should look at your dragon naturally speaking instructions? maybe this will herald more. The only other thing is you listening and using your mic at the same time/bit by bit.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    It will do anybody's, but because you train it to your voice it will be more accurate with your own

ReputationRep:
    It won't do anybodys in any meaningful sense. Have any of you actually tried it?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    It won't do anybodys in any meaningful sense. Have any of you actually tried it?
    No, I regularly post about stuff I don't know about :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    thought so.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Here's one I made earlier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Titch89)
    Did you not have some IT training and told / shown how to do it?
    No! the bloke who was suppose to do it, said it was 'only worth his while' to come out on certain days, when he had a load of other students around the same area, but these days clashed with lessons at uni and i need 80% attendance!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks very much for replies, i will just muddle through i think!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.