Anyone have a good phone, touchscreen or QWERTY keyboard? Watch

Charmaiinn
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I'm looking to get a new phone, so do you want to tell me about yours?

I don't like phones with normal keypads for some reason, so does anyone have a good phone which is qwerty or touchscreen? Don't tell me about a phone you don't have because phones that sound very good and are advertised well by the manufacturer are often not as good as they seem when tried and tested.

I'm not looking for a reallly expensive phone either, so the Iphone is out of the question for the moment.
~ Purple Rose ~
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I got a Blackberry 8900 recently and it's really good
cpj1987
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I've got the Blackberry 8810. A bit out-dated now, but the keyboard is excellent.
TheNack
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I have a Nokia 5800 and I would recommand that you DON'T get one of those. The touchscreen is unresponsive, you really have to either use the stylus that's included or your nail for accuracy which means the onscreen keyboard is inaccurate and pretty fiddly. It also seems to be really temperamental when it comes to sending texts, I have found that it often fails to send them completely, so I have to send multiple copies of some texts which then usually arrive much later than they were supposed to.

The phone is good in other respects though: it is very good as a music storage/playing device, the external speaker is of decent quality and it comes boxed with an 8GB sd card so you have space for quite a lot of music and video. The screen is nice and big so it works well for browsing the web, watching video e.g. over the BBC iPlayer (there is a dedicated app for this handset which I love). The camera is also good quality (3.2 megapixels with an LED flash).

I don't think I would choose the phone again, though, so I wouldn't recommend it for you. That's mainly because of my issues with the touchscreen not being responsive enough and the problem of it often dropping texts.
psychocustard
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I've a Nokia E72! I basically picked it because it's the Blackberry, but I feel it's easier to deal with, plus you don't have to pay the extra money per month for the Blackberry package.

I get all my email when I press a single button, Ovi maps are now free - including the sat nav bit - and it's just a lovely phone. The only problem is that the apps are pretty crap compared to the iPhone, but seeing as I really didn't want a touchscreen, and they're bound to improve whilst I have the phone, it wasn't really an issue for me
blondyx
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I have a nokia 5530 xpress music phone. Its pretty good. The touchscreen works well, and if you turn it sideways you can send messages using a qwerty keypad. I havnt got any music on mine, and can store 750 texts.
jakemittle
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I have a Nokia N86 8MP and its amazing...

-8GB space
-8MP Camera
-Ovi maps (for free...)
-Duel Slider
-I think the Symbian OS is pretty good.
-Great for watching movies, listening to movies etc..
-Has N-Gage
I think Nokia have some absolutely gorgeous phones. Dont be drawn into the "apple/blackerry" crowd cus' there are other phones out there that are just as good.
I'm not a touchscreeen fan so I would say dont get a touch screen.
Joseph90
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Probably a BlackBerry is the best option. It has a QWERTY keyboard and a BlackBerry chat function so you can chat to other friends who have BlackBerries like MSN without using call time.

The 9700 is the latest and best model. The 8900 is the next best. Then there's the 8520 which is cheaper on a pay monthly tarriff, newer but doesn't have as many specifications and isn't as good as the others.

I'm going for one of these because my Sony Ericsson is constantly losing signal for no reason and the battery's screwed.
NW86
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I have a samsung jet, touchscreen smart phone.

it's a pile of *****, dont get it.
DancinBallerina
Badges: 20
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by NW86)
I have a samsung jet, touchscreen smart phone.

it's a pile of *****, dont get it.
I have it and I reckon its an alright phone. Haven't had no issues with it - takes a while to get use to but other than that - pretty enjoyable phone.
Lucible
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Some people won't agree, but I haven't ever had a problem with my touchscreen QWERTY keyboard on my iPhone...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (282)
27.35%
No (749)
72.65%

Watched Threads