Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,

I downloaded the replacement certificate forms from Edexcel, and was wondering what the difference was between a replacement certificate and certifying statement of results?

Look forward to the replies,

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnharvis)
    Hi Guys,

I downloaded the replacement certificate forms from Edexcel, and was wondering what the difference was between a replacement certificate and certifying statement of results?

Look forward to the replies,

Thanks!
    Clicky

They pretty much perform the same function, but you can't get a replacement certificate for academic qualifications. A certifying statement is "an official copy of final examination results held by Edexcel", but won't be in the form of a certificate.

ReputationRep:
    Does GNVQ Intermediate count as a academic qualification? In the example given it only lists A level, O level, GCSE or CSE. I want to get a GNVQ certificate as I was never issued one in the first place, so not sure if they would give me a replacement certificate or certifying statement of results.

ReputationRep:
    anyone?

ReputationRep:
    This document was taken from Edexcel's website. (attached in this post at the bottom) This is what it says in the Academic Qualifications part of the file/FAQ's:

"What document do you issue?

We offer a Certifying Statement of Results only for all academic qualifications in every case."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Vocational Qualifications part it says: "Do you issue replacement certificates?

We can only issue a Letter of Confirmation for all qualifications before 1984. Replacement Certificates can be issued for all qualifications in 1984 and thereafter."

I guess this means they can give a replacement certificate?
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: rtf Frequently-Asked-Questions-jan10.rtf (107.8 KB, 1205 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnharvis)
    This document was taken from Edexcel's website. (attached in this post at the bottom) This is what it says in the Academic Qualifications part of the file/FAQ's:

"What document do you issue?

We offer a Certifying Statement of Results only for all academic qualifications in every case."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Vocational Qualifications part it says: "Do you issue replacement certificates?

We can only issue a Letter of Confirmation for all qualifications before 1984. Replacement Certificates can be issued for all qualifications in 1984 and thereafter."

I guess this means they can give a replacement certificate?
    By the looks of it, you may well be right. I'd suggest a quick call to them to confirm, which will also give you a chance to get answers to any other question that you might have on this.

http://www.edexcel.com/Aboutus/conta...ages/home.aspx

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.